Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

SoundTouch App and Shuffle/Repeat

I am using the Windows App, Interface Version 26.0.0, Protocol Version 6.6, App Version 26.0.0.

When I play a playlist from my iTunes Library (Music Library on Computer) the songs are shuffled but I am hearing many repetitions of songs from a playlist of 1,600 songs.  In the App I have the shuffle button activated, but not the repeat button.  There are no tooltips so I assume that it is a repeat button, but I can't find any documentation for the Bose SoundTouch App to explain what it does.

If I enable the repeat button will it cease repeating a song until the end of the playlist and then it starts again? It is annoying to have a large playlist and have the same songs repeated over a few hours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

Re: SoundTouch App and Shuffle/Repeat

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pavane

I think that the problem is with how Bose SoundTouch handles genres.  I have missing tracks when I look at a genre or a smart playlist based on genres.

I found a workaround today.  I created a basic music playlist in iTunes and called it "Our Christmas".  I then sorted the songs in the library by genre.  I could then easily select all of the Christmas genre songs and copy them to the "Our Christmas" music playlist.  All 1,760 songs seem to be available now on the Bose SoundTouch.  The album that only had 3 tracks previously now has all 15.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Hector_B

Hey Pavane, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. This is strange to hear that you are hearing the songs repeat. 

Enabling the repeat button will repeat the last song over and over rather than ceasing the repeating of songs. Have you tested this same issue with another playlist to see if the same issue occurs? 

I'd also like to know if you experience this same issue with the mobile SoundTouch app? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

Why would you have a button to repeat one song over and over?  That makes no sense.  I'll check out my iTunes and Android versions of the Sound Touch app as well.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Pavane,

Sorry for any confusion, the repeat button will automatically restart the same content from the beginning once it finishes. If you are playing one song, it will repeat the one song, if you are playing an album or a playlist, it will repeat the album or playlist once it is finished. You can set it to repeat the content continuously, or only once by tapping the repeat button more than once.

Let us know how you get on with the other versions of the app! It would be interesting to know if these give you the same behaviour when shuffling your playlist as well.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

OK, I see that both the Windows and Android app allow me to cycle through three repeat settings.  It is too bad that this isn't documented anywhere.  In any case, I am not sure whether this solves my problem with the same song being repeated multiple times in a playlist.  I will have to try it to see.

Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

I switched to playing my Christmas music genre from my desktop computer iTunes library.  It has 125 albums/1,719 songs, but the SoundTouch app truncates the playlist and therefore repeats the same song often.  When I play the same genre from the iTunes app, shuffle all, and play it on the Bose speaker via Bluetooth, I get the full playlist and no repeating of songs.

This indicates that the problem is at the Bose end.  I counted the number of albums in the Christmas genre in the SoundTouch app and there are only 89.  I looked at several of the albums and many of the songs are missing.  For example, one album has 16 tracks in iTunes and only 2 in SoundTouch.  I removed the music library, and then recreated it.  When I looked at that album it has 3 songs instead of 16.

How do I get the SoundTouch app to see all of my albums and songs in a playlist/genre?

At least my desktop computer is close enough to the Bose speaker that I can use Bluetooth as a workaround.

Charlotte_G

@Pavane It's unusual that not all of the songs are showing in the SoundTouch app. Could you please ensure that you've been through all of the steps listed here. Let us know the outcome!

Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

I tried everything on the troubleshooting link except for rebuilding the iTunes Music Library.  Nothing fixed the missing albums and songs on albums.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Pavane,

Thanks for the update!

As there are only certain tracks and albums that are not showing up in the SoundTouch app, were all of these albums and tracks purchased from iTunes directly? If not, where were the other tracks and albums added to iTunes from?

It's possible that the missing tracks and albums are using file formats that are not supported by the SoundTouch app. The SoundTouch app can only add music files in the following formats, so if the missing files are not one of these formats it would explain why they are not in the app:

• MP3*
  • AAC (excluding protected files)*
  • M4A (including Apple lossless [ALAC])*
  • WMA (excluding WMA lossless)*
  • FLAC (16 bit/44.1 kHz — stereo files only)

If your files are not one of these formats, Apple has a guide on how to convert songs in the iTunes library into other formats you can follow HERE.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Pavane
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

None of my music is a protected format.  It is either MP3, M4A, or ACC.  In the album mentioned above, the three tracks that show up in SoundTouch are all M4A format, as are the twelve tracks that are missing.  Because of that, I don't think that it is a file format issue.  I own the CD for that album and recorded it into M4A format using iTunes.

I will rebuild the iTunes Library when I have time.  It is the last thing to try.