glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

SoundTouch App cannot find speaker after update

My Soundtouch app does not find one of my speakers after the last update. I have 3 wireless and 1 wired speakers (SA 5) throughout the house and the app found 2 of the wireless and the 1 wired speaker. The system works fine on those 3 speakers. 

I have logged into my router and the speaker in question shows up in the device list and I am able to ping the speaker on the network but it will not connect. I have power cycled the speaker and still no connection.

I also reset the SoundTouch Adapter which is wired and it will not find the network and reconnect. 

Any recommendations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch App cannot find speaker after update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Joel_D

Hi glnut3,

Thanks for the great update, this helps a lot!

The SoundTouch adapter that sits on top of the Lifestyle system is the device that connects the Lifestyle system to the network, so this should be the piece we would focus on.  If you look at the back of the adapter, there should be a Wi-Fi indicator located in a small pin hole.  If it's connected to the network, then it should be a solid white LED.  

If it is not lit up or amber in color, you would want to see if we can set it back up on the network.  If you press the setup  button on the front of the console, you should see a network setup screen that you can use to re-add it.  

If that doesn't seem to help, I'd like to try and factory default the adapter and try to re-add it to the network again.  Here are the steps for this:

• Turn the system on
  • On the back of the control console, disconnect both the Bose link cable and USB cable
  • On the SoundTouch adapter, press and hold the Control button
  • While holding the Control button, reconnect the Bose link cable to the control console
  • Continue holding the Control button for about 5 seconds, until the LED Status indicator is blinking white
  • Reconnect the USB cable

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager

Hi glnut3,

Thanks for posting the Community!  Sorry to hear about the detection issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• Can you let us know which model speaker is having the detection issues?
  • Have you been able to reboot the router and any access points since the update?
  • Does the speaker show up on a different mobile device with the app?
  • What is the make/model of the router as well as who is the internet service provider?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Hi Tony

The speaker model is an SA-5.

All access points and router have been rebooted.

I have 2 cell phones and my PC are unable to find the speaker since the last software update. All devices find the other 2 wireless and 1 wired speaker.

I have a Cisco Linksys EA4500 router.

My internet provider is Spectrum Business

Thank You

glnut3

Community Manager

Hi glnut3,

Thanks for the update!

I've seen in some cases with Spectrum customers, this can sometimes occur because of a redirecting service they enable.  Let's see if these steps of disabling this redirecting service will help with the detection of the systems:

• Open a web browser and go to dnssearch.rr.com
  • Click Preferences to the right of the Search button
  • Under "Web Address Error Redirect Service", select Disable (Time Warner Cable is inactive)"
  • Click Save Setting
  • Unplug power from the speakers and router for 1 minute after saving settings

Let us know if this helps with the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Tony,

I completed the instructions that you recommended with the same results, The other 2 wireless and the 1 wired speakers are back up. The SoundTouch app found the speakers and I was able to play various music sources. Still the app cannot find the other speaker. 

Do I need to reverse your previous instructions regarding Sprctrum or can I leave the new settings in place.

Gary

Community Manager

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the update!  You can certainly leave those settings.  The redirecting service brings you to a Spectrum search engine when a URL is typed wrong in the address bar.  

Can we try and factory default the SA5 to see if we can re-add it back to the network?  The steps can be found HERE.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Tony,

3 of the speakers have the control button as you stated. I am sending you a dropbox link because I do not see a way to attach the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxevp67d3kccir1/Bose%20System.jpg?dl=0

The 2 speakers on the top of the pic are working fine. The bottom unit in the pic is the issue and it is inside the wall cabinet. Maybe I am wrong stating that it is a SA-5 unit. Can you determine the type of speaker it is? I do not see any button on top, bottom or sides of this unit.

Thank You

Gary

Community Manager

Hi glnut3,

Thanks for the picture as this helps a lot!  It looks like the amplifier at the bottom of the picture is a TA-3 built invisible amp.  These amps were designed to connect directly to a control console for our Lifestyle systems for in wall speakers.  Is the system that's not showing up in the app a home theater system?  Are there any other amps installed around the house?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Hi Tony,

Here is the list of the Bose System

The Bose Lifstyle System 535 that controls all devices connected to the TV. Working Good.

Soundtouch Adapter connected to above system. Wired but can no longer connect.

The TA-3 Amp which is also labeled as Bose TV Room Speaker. Wireless, Will not connnect

3 - SA-5 speakers, labeled, Lanai, Mstr Bedroom and Living Room, All working with no problems.

Thanks

Gary

Community Manager

Hi glnut3,

Thanks for the update!  The speakers connected to the Lifestyle system, are these the traditional double cube speakers or are they in-wall speakers.  If they are in-wall speakers, the TA-3 is what's powering those speakers and shouldn't have an affect on the SoundTouch app.  I don't see the Lanai amp in the picture with the Master Bedroom and Living Room.  Now that we have the naming of the speakers, which amp is not being detected in the app?

Warm Regards,

Tony A