glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Re: SoundTouch App cannot find speaker after update

Hi Tony,

I am including another DropBox link for my system. The 4 pics are the Lifestyle System, Wall Cabinet, TV Room Front & Rear Speakers.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c00tgzt5egqw93z/AAATPQYjjzovsGYK17ta6vgGa?dl=0

The other room speakers are Mstr BdRm; Living Rm; Lanai. All with ceiling flush mount speakers. The Mstr BdRm (WRLS) and Living Rm (WRLS) SA-5's are mounted just above the wall cabinet inside a closet as shown in the pic. The Lanai (WIRED) SA-5 sits on top of a cabinet inside the Lanai area. These speakers are working with no problems.

In the one pic I show the SoundTouch Adapter on top of the Lifestyle System. I cannot get this device to connect using the SoundTouch app, The app cannot find the speaker. The TA-3 controls all of the TV Room speakers. I tested that by unpluging the TA-3 while watching a TV program. Plugged it back in and all speakers came back online.

I am not sure what device controls the SoundTouch TV Room Speakers. Is it the Adapter or is it the TA-3?

There are no other SA-5's that I know of connected to the system.

Thanks

Gary

Community Manager

Hi glnut3,

Thanks for the great update, this helps a lot!

The SoundTouch adapter that sits on top of the Lifestyle system is the device that connects the Lifestyle system to the network, so this should be the piece we would focus on.  If you look at the back of the adapter, there should be a Wi-Fi indicator located in a small pin hole.  If it's connected to the network, then it should be a solid white LED.  

If it is not lit up or amber in color, you would want to see if we can set it back up on the network.  If you press the setup  button on the front of the console, you should see a network setup screen that you can use to re-add it.  

If that doesn't seem to help, I'd like to try and factory default the adapter and try to re-add it to the network again.  Here are the steps for this:

• Turn the system on
  • On the back of the control console, disconnect both the Bose link cable and USB cable
  • On the SoundTouch adapter, press and hold the Control button
  • While holding the Control button, reconnect the Bose link cable to the control console
  • Continue holding the Control button for about 5 seconds, until the LED Status indicator is blinking white
  • Reconnect the USB cable

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

View solution in original post

glnut3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Hi Tony,

Thank You so very much, The speaker reconnected and is back online.

It took a couple of times to get it to reset but after I removed the old speaker from the system using the SoundTouch App and I reset again, it went through the setup process and reconnected with no problems.

I think the pictures helped to clarify the situation and the equipment that I have. I will keep those pictures for documentation and any other future troubleshooting.

Thanks again for your continued support in resolving my issue.

Have a great Holiday season.

Gary (glnut3)

Community Manager

Hi Gary,

That's awesome to hear!  Definitely feel free to reach back out to us for further support.

Warm Regards,

Tony A