Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 23, 2016

SoundTouch App looses contact to Wave SoundTouch on WiFi off and on

Hello,
whenever my wifi goes off and on again, the SoundTouch-App does not know about my Wave SoundTouch System, although it has contact to the internet (e.g. press a preset and it plays songs from internet radio or deezer). I thus need to reconnect the two. I called the Bose Support and they say that this is normal, I should just not switch my wifi on and off. However, this is not an option for me. I would like to solve that nasty problem.
I have a fixed IP and hostname for the Wave SoundTouch but that does not help. Anyone an idea?
Thanks,
   Henning

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Re: SoundTouch App looses contact to Wave SoundTouch on WiFi off and on

Hello Enno21,
Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We will certainly assist in getting this issue resolved. I have a few questions that should point us in the right direction:

1.  When the WiFi goes off and on, is this due to the router being manually restarted or does the WiFi periodically go out on its own?
  2. What is the age and model number of the router?
  3. Have you attempted to restart the SoundTouch system by unplugging the system from power, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging the system back in after the WiFi is turned back on?
  4. Is the issue where the application is unable to find the speaker over the network only occurring on one device, or multiple? i.e. multiple phones, tablets, computers.

Let us know the answers to the questions listed above and we can take it from there.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 23, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App looses contact to Wave SoundTouch on WiFi off and on

Hello,
Thank you for your reply: Here the answers:
1. the router is programmed to switch wifi off over night and back on in the morning
2. I bought the router in summer 2016. TP-link Archer VR900v
3. I tried that, no difference. However, I can manually reconnect the Wave SoundTouch. But that is something I do not want to do every day.
4. all my devices (tablet, phone) cannot reconnect to the wave SoundTouch
Some further infos:
a) The Wave SoundTouch has a fixed IP in my network, i.e. IP is the same after every restart of the wifi. 
b) The Wave SoundTouch has connection to the internet (wifi) which I can test by pressing a preset which plays the flow from the internet.
The SoundTouchApp does not find the System. I do not see the reason why. It is in the same network, MAC and even IP are the same. Why does the app not find the System?
Thank you for your help!
Best,
   Henning