Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

SoundTouch App not connecting

My SoundTouch app is hanging in the login screen (Please wait. This could take a minute or two). It can sit there for upwards of 30 minutes before I give up on it. I've tried this also happens on my iPhone, iPad and MAC apps for it. I've reinstalled the app and still get the same issue. I've put in a bad password on purpose and it immediately comes back with an error message, so I know it's connecting, just cannot get past the "signing in" page. Rather frustrating. 

Thank you

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App not connecting

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having.  Did this start happening recently after an update, or has this happened since purchase?

Have you tried creating a new account and signing into that?   To do that, you would need to go through setup again (assuming your speaker is already connected to your network, you would just need to select 'speaker is already connected' and continue from there)

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

I was able to successfully connect when I created a new account. However, the account that I had is what I'd have preferred to continue using. I would still prefer to use the other account if possible. If I were to call up support, would they be able to figure out how to resolve the issue with the other account? The account was used for beta testing at one point in time, so not sure if that is the reason why I'm having the issues?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the additional info.  There are currently some issues going on with our Beta servers right now, so you might have to factory reset all of your SoundTouch systems and reconnect to Wi-Fi, then log back into your account.  As well, can you check and see what firmware versions your systems are running?

Thanks!