Highlighted
Valik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

SoundTouch App on Mac can't find speakers after PC hibernation

Hi there! 

Problem is that Soundtouch application on MacOs always needs to be restarted after PC standby mode or hibernation. If not restarted it cant find any speakers on Soundtouch setup. 

Is that a chance to change that application behaviour? iOS version works fine even application is not use or use after sometime. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App on Mac can't find speakers after PC hibernation

Hi Valik,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.

What kind of Mac computer do you have?  Which version of MacOS are you running?

Is the SoundTouch App on the Mac up to date?

Let us know so we can get this working for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Valik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Brandon hi, 

What kind of Mac computer do you have? MacBook Pro Late 2013

Which version of MacOS are you running? High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C205)

Is the SoundTouch App on the Mac up to date? ST App Version 17.170.80 Interface ver. 17.170.83 

Regards, 

Valentin

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Valentin,

Excellent, thank you for the detailed information!

So when you open your laptop and your laptop comes back from standby, the systems at the bottom of the SoundTouch App are greyed out?  How many systems do you have?

Is rebooting the MBP the only way to restore functionality?  Will exiting out of the app and re-opening it help?  What about waiting for a few minutes?

Best,

Brandon

Valik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Hi Brandon, 

So when you open your laptop and your laptop comes back from standby, the systems at the bottom of the SoundTouch App are greyed out? Exactly .. After searching speakers message in the bottom of the app it says: Hmmm, can't find any speakers ... with some reccomendations options. And status doesn't change after few minutes or more. 

How many systems do you have? I've got two systems in set up.  Wireless ST and ST 535

Is rebooting the MBP the only way to restore functionality? Don't get it... rebooting the MBP?

Will exiting out of the app and re-opening it help?  This is the only way I use all the time. Basically I'm fine with it but just thought it's not the way it should work 🙂

What about waiting for a few minutes? As I said nope... 

Valentin

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the answers.

When I say rebooting your MBP, I mean shutting down your Macbook and turning it back on.  But it sounds like you can "fix" this issue by exiting out of the SoundTouch App and re-opening it, without turning off your computer and turning it back on.

I'm going to contact the software team to see if this is expected functionality.  I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them.

Best,

Brandon

Valik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Brandon hi, 

Yes, you understand me correctly. The only workaround is re-open app. Let me know please if it expected for it or no. 

Valentin