Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

SoundTouch App on My Mac

The SoundTouch app on my Mac was running well up until today, and I'm guessing that it's due to the Mac OS X update that they ran just a few days ago.

Now the SoundTouch app cycles and cycles and cycles.  It just keeps restarting itself.  Something is wrong, and I'm guessing that the app needs updating to pair with the latest Apple system software.  

Anyone else had this problem?

BTW, the app on my iPhone is still running well, so at least there's that.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Re: SoundTouch App on My Mac

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobngb

there is another post about this topic. 

Had the same issue. 

Uninstall with the app in the Soundtouch folder in Applications and download and install again. 

This solves the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hi bobngb,

I am sorry to hear that but I am glad to hear that you can still operate your speaker with your phone.  I have not heard of this issue occurring with any recent OS X updates.  If you haven't done it yet, try uninstalling and reinstalling the APP.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Thank You

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobngb

there is another post about this topic. 

Had the same issue. 

Uninstall with the app in the Soundtouch folder in Applications and download and install again. 

This solves the problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Thanks. I actually did this about five minutes after I made the original post. Took care of the problem straight off.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2017

The same issue is happing to me. I have two computers a Mac Pro and a Mac Book Pro and on both computers the app keeps recycling. It recycles a number of time then goes completely blank. If I restart the App, it just repeats the recycling, the app on my mac's are totally unuserabale. Both computers are running on the latest version of Mac OS X Sierra, this issue has been happing for about 2 months so I had given up on using the mac app but now I can't update my systems and I have 6 ST throughout my house.

HELP IS NEEDED.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Try uninstalling the Bose app on your computer and then reinstalling it.  That worked for me.

Good luck!