Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mortlach
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2017

SoundTouch App on macOS is not seeing newly added tracks

I'm running the SoundTouch App version 14.80.6-708+9bd051b on my mac runing macOS 10.12.5 with iTunes 12.6.1.25.  I ripped a newly purchased CD today.  Unfortunately, when I search for it with the SoundTouch App, it isn't seeing it.  How do I get the SoundTouch App to rescan my iTunes library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App on macOS is not seeing newly added tracks

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mortlach

Hi Mortlach, 

Can you check the format of the imported CD to make sure it didn't get ripped in an un-supported format? HERE is a list of our supported file formats. To check this in iTunes, locate one of the tracks using the search function in iTunes. If the column titled "Kind" is visible, determine what is listed in this column in for the track, otherwise right-click on the track and determine what Kind of file it is. To make the "Kind" column visible, go to the Edit menu and choose View Options. In the window that appears, click on the box next to "Kind" and then click OK. You may need to scroll to the right to see the new column.

If the tracks are in a supported format, can you try to remove and re-add your music library? To do this, go to Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > [select your music library] > Remove Music Library. Follow the same path to add the library back in. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Mortlach, 

We have a great article on how to do this HERE. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you 

Mortlach
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2017

I hadn't seen that article, but it isn't working.  I quit and app, restarted the app, waited 30 minutes, and it still hasn't seen all of the new tracks I added.  

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mortlach

Hi Mortlach, 

Can you check the format of the imported CD to make sure it didn't get ripped in an un-supported format? HERE is a list of our supported file formats. To check this in iTunes, locate one of the tracks using the search function in iTunes. If the column titled "Kind" is visible, determine what is listed in this column in for the track, otherwise right-click on the track and determine what Kind of file it is. To make the "Kind" column visible, go to the Edit menu and choose View Options. In the window that appears, click on the box next to "Kind" and then click OK. You may need to scroll to the right to see the new column.

If the tracks are in a supported format, can you try to remove and re-add your music library? To do this, go to Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > [select your music library] > Remove Music Library. Follow the same path to add the library back in. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Mortlach
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2017

They were in the correct format.  Deleting and readding the music library "fixed" the problem.  I hope this won't be necessary every time I add more CDs to my collection.