Esaias
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

SoundTouch App takes long to update with new songs added to Windows Media Player

I am new to the Bose Community.

I loaded the SoundTouch app on my phone and laptop about 7 days ago.

I linked my music library on SoundTouch to Windows Media Player on my laptop.  It takes an excessive amount of time for new items to appear in SoundTouch after I have added it to my Windows Media Player.  I use Windows 10.

An example:  I added a single by an artist to my Windows Media Player music library and it took about 5 hours to appear in the SoundTouch app.  There are also 2 other tests that I’ve done with similar results (even worse). I did perform the 'Sync Music Library' thing.

How can I speed up this process to ensure new items in my Media Player appear sooner in SoundTouch?

How long is it supposed to take?

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: SoundTouch App takes long to update with new songs added to Windows Media Player

Hi Esaias, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to learn that your music Library is taking some time to Sync. 

When you click 'Sync Music Library' it should do it almost instantly. Syncing happens automatically in the SoundTouch app. Additions or changes made to content in your library will appear in the SoundTouch app within 15 minutes of the change. 

I would recommend resetting the router just to make sure its not a connection issue to the WiFi. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Esaias
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: SoundTouch App takes long to update with new songs added to Windows Media Player

Thanks for the advice.

I've restarted the wifi router.

I also restarted the laptop.

After 1hr, a new album I added still does not appear in SoundTouch App. 

Esaias
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I also reconnected the router. Still no impact.

Hector_B

Hi Esaias, 

Thanks for updating us on this and I am sorry that the issue still persists. 

Could you please attempt to run an internet speed test on the router to see if the internet speed could be causing this issue? Also how are you adding these albums into the music player? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other community members with helpful input on this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Esaias
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Hi There

Internet speed

Actual readings

Check 1

8.9 MB/sec download

4.7 MB/sec upload

Check 2

8.2 MB/sec download

4.8 MB/sec upload

Check 3

8.9 MB/sec download

4.8 MB/sec upload

Check 4

8.6 MB/sec download

4.7 MB/sec upload

Source of music

Music is normally obtained from the following sources and added to my Windows Media Player:

1. These days, mostly I buy my music on iTunes, convert it to MP3 and copy it into my ‘My Music’ folder where Windows Media Player read the music from. It normally appears instantaneously in Windows Media Player and is available for use in Media Player.
  2. On the odd occasion I would buy music on Bandcamp. The music would be copied into my ‘My Music’ folder where Windows Media Player read the music from.  It normally appears instantaneously in Windows Media Player and is available for use in Media Player.
  3. Other times (less so these days) I would rip music from my own CD’s into my music folder.