SoundTouch App will not sync with iTunes Library

Silent Starter

SoundTouch App will not sync with iTunes Library

Hello,
Recently I got a new computer and transferred all my music off my old dead one onto the new one. I downloaded and installed the SoundTouch App on the new PC and tried to add the iTunes library. After repeated failed attempts to add the iTunes library on the computer (the app kept kicking back a 1608 error no matter what I did and I only fixed this by creating a brand new account) the app recognized and added my iTunes library. However, when I attempt to sync the music, nothing happens. Nothing gets synced, nothing says "wait a few minutes," nada. While I recognize that my library would take a long time to sync (it's just under 30k songs) there is no attempt by the app to sync the music or playlists or any of it. Any ideas on what is going on with it? It worked without an issue on my old computer, so why won't it work now?
Thanks
Scott
22 REPLIES

Re: SoundTouch App will not sync with iTunes Library

Hello Scott,

I apologize for the trouble. You mentioned that you were able to add the library, but cannot sync it. What happens when you select the music library in the app? Does it load the library but with nothing inside it, or does it just return an error message? If it is simply a matter of the library being empty, I recommend checking to be sure iTunes is sharing its XML file, as it is often disabled. To enable sharing of the iTunes XML file, follow the second bullet point in this article: Attention iTunes 12.2 users
If attempting to access the library instead produces an error message, please include it in a reply below, along which operating system you are using on the new computer.

Thanks
Silent Starter

The library was not displaying anything, but allowing the iTunes XML fixed the problem.

Thanks!!!

Silent Starter

I'm having the same issue - my library is empty.
I've tried resetting the system, uninstall and reinstall the Soundtouch App, 

Hi Isch, 
The original poster  of this issue solved it by sharing his XML file from within itunes. You can make this change too from within the Advanced preferences in iTunes like so: 
Migrated ImagePlease select this option in iTunes, then restart the soundTouch app and see if you have better luck. Let us know!
Thank you.

Silent Starter

Hi,
On a similar front, I have 31K songs in my itunes library. It takes quite some time (over an hour maybe more) to sync my itunes library to the soundtouch app. And this seems to happen every time any change is made in itunes (Eg installing a new app onto an iphone); as well as when changes are actually made to the music content in the library. 
Is this as expected - or are there shortcuts that can be done if, say, you have only added one song to the itunes library and do not want to wait for over an hour before being able to play it via the bose app?

Hello RichWLeeds,
At present, there is no way to bypass or delay the syncing process, as the Soundtouch server will regularly query the library to see if any changes have been made to the library file. In general, we have found that with libraries exceeding 20,000 tracks, it is best to use a NAS drive instead of streaming music off of a library on a PC. We recommend doing so because, as you have seen, the syncing time can become excessive at larger numbers of tracks, which can become disruptive to use.

Silent Starter

I have followed the above and enabled the XML file sharing, but i have only been able to sync 4 songs from over 3000 in my library.  These songs appear to be some that i have purchased directly while the remainder are ripped from CD's.

Hello olfella, 
Sorry most of your tracks are not appearing in the libary. If this is an issue with all tracks which were ripped from CDs, they may share a common incompatibility in their file type. To be sure, 

• Check this page for the common causes of missing music library files. Note that FLAC files are now supported, so long as they are using FLAC tags 
  • What is the format and bitrate of the missing tracks? 
  • Do you store your tracks on your local hard drive, or in another location? 

Thank you for any further information you can provide

Silent Starter

Thanks Thomas. Being a bit of an 'olfella, I am not too clued up on everything but as far as i can tell the bitrate is either 128 or 256kbps and the files are almost all AAC audio file.  There some Protected AAC, Purchased AAC and one MPEG.  The iTunes directory is on the local hard drive.  I do not know what FLAC means, but can find no reference.
The files that have synced appear to be either protected or purchsed, but not all such files have been synced.