Dec 6, 2014

Re: SoundTouch Controller "Connecting to Network"

Still no email -_-
JAMESTOWNLEY1
Registered since

Nov 6, 2014

Hi,
I too am getting exactly the same issue, I have had a replcement Soundtouch controller and this does exactly the same. I have also tried pairing to my Lifestyle 535 and get the same too. I believe this is more and issue with the Soundtouch adapter as surely the Controller only shows what it is told to display? This has only happened since the last software update in December.
If required I can provide log files to help find a solutions for this.
Regards
James
p.wrangles
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2014

Hello Michael,
I still have not recived an email. I have checked in all folders of my email inbox. 
Note that since plugging my device into my network, its been working perfectly. (Obviously this is not ideal. I now have a cable running accross the room)
Regards
p.wrangles
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Hello pwrangles and JAMESTOWNLEY1,
Since the emails I am sending are not being received, I have posted the instructions below on how to collect log files from the StereoJC system below (this should also work for Lifestyle systems if needed):

1. Insert a USB drive into the standard USB connector on the back of the SoundTouch system.
  2. Within two minutes of experiencing the problem – From either the computer or mobile version of the SoundTouch App, select EXPLORE > SETTINGS > About, then select the system you are trying to capture logs from
  3. The system's log file will be written to the connected USB drive
  4. Remove the USB drive. A file name starting with 'logread' should have been written to the USB drive. (e.g. logread-2013-11-1-14-30-23.txt)

Please email the logread file to ****************@bose.com using the email address you had registered with this forum and the log file will be reviewed. Try to include in the title "Controller - Connecting to Network" as well as your forum username in the subject line of the email.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks again!
JAMESTOWNLEY1
Registered since

Nov 6, 2014

Hi Michael,
Log file has been emailed over this morning.
Regards
James
This widget could not be displayed.
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

JAMESTOWNLEY1,

Thanks for this! The system log that you sent indicates that this message is actually showing up in response to the network status changing. That is: some issue within the network or the adapter is causing it to re-connect to the network and send this message to the controller. This seems to support the idea that the root cause is not in the controller itself. 

• Pwangles indicated that connecting to the router via ethernet resolved the issue. Is this something it would be possible to test temporarily in your situation? We would like to see if you have the same result? 
  • Can you Let us know the Brand and Model # of the router being used in this scenario?
  • By logging in to your router, can you let us know what channel your Wi-Fi is broadcasting on? Or whether it is set to "Auto" which might cause it to jump between channels.

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

p.wrangles
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2014

Hello George,
Technically my soundtouch is plugged into a wireless extender that is connected to my router via wifi. Router is an Apple Airport Time Capsule (latest) & the extender is an Apple Airport Express (Latest).
Kind Regards
P.wrangles
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

pwrangles,
The use of the Airport express as an extender may be related to this problem. We would suggest you test by unplugging power from the AP express and connecting the system directly to the Time Capsule router. See if the same problem exists when streaming this way.
Thank you.
p.wrangles
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2014

Hello George. Using the airport express as the adaptor solves the issue. It's when I am using the bose wireless adapter I get the error. Regards P. Wrangles .
p.wrangles
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2014

Hello,
i have now reset my Bose and set the wireless adapter to connect to the network over wifi farther than plugging it in. The remote is now showing "Switching to Wifi" however it still functions normally.