Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Feature Requests/Product Feedback

I have a fairly large music library, most of which was originally ripped using iTunes, however I have since switched to using Windows Media Player, and no longer have iTunes installed.  When iTunes rips an album it typically does not populate the "Album Artist" tag on the music files unless it is different than the main "Artist" tag on the track.
When using the Bose SoundTouch Server with iTunes, the iTunes interface automatically accounts for the above quirk, and substitutes the "Artists" value for "Album Artist" whenever "Album Artist" is blank.   However, when using the SoundTouch Server with Windows Media Player, WMP does not perform this substitution, and consequently virtually every track ripped via iTunes shows up under "Unknown Artist" when browsing the media library through SoundTouch.  This makes it a real pain to navigate a large music library.
This is a bug in SoundTouch Server.  Pretty much every other music browsing software I've ever used is smart enough to account for the "Album Artist" tag being blank by substituting the "Artist" tag.  SoundTouch should be able to do the same without needing iTunes or WMP to do it automatically.  When I contacted support, their solution was to suggest I either switch back to using iTunes, or retag my entire music library.  I find these solutions unacceptable.  Please update the SoundTouch Server software to handle this substitution for tracks where "Album Artist" is blank.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

It seems that iTunes libraries stored in external storage devices are not supported. This means that if you have a large iTunes library (or a small internal storage device) then no chance of playing it. Please fix this. 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

any plans on Bose supporting Google music?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

Windows 10 Universal App, for PC, Tablet, Phone and XBOX
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

Groove Music Support
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2015

Implement a mute button when the off button is pressed and when it is hold down turn the system off. It would be really handy!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2015

Amazon Prime Music & Google Play Music
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2015

BRING AIRPLAY BACK PLEASE
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 17, 2015

Need Software update for the wave sound touch with Apple AirPlay takes about 1.5 min before music starts to play. Also I would like the ability to add a bose subwoofer to the system 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2015

There is an app called "IF" (or IFTTT). This app allows you to "cook" actions for example:
-when I get home, my heater turns on.
Please, create an action for the soundtouch ! I would like my soundtouch to play a spotify playlist the second I get home 🙂
thx