Merten
Registered since

Sep 1, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Feature Requests/Product Feedback

@Kees:
Just because everyone is afraid that the one guy who will be put on coding new features will only do one or two of the above suggested. The rest of the suggestions will then be ditched as not very much requested for by the community. So, would you prefer to have your feature in the next update or do you want to wait until the next one - whenever this will be?!
Having siad that it's probably not very kind to launch this kind of vote with negatives allowed. Also, it makes me cry to see all this great ideas to improve the Soundtouch system and to realize that only a fraction of them will be realized. Btw, I expected many of these ideas (like DLNA support) to be in my Soundtouch already when I bought it, but well here we are...
Blackadder
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Notwithstanding the server failure yesterday, I have successfully downloaded and installled the latest update, 9.0.41, onto my system - a Wave SoundTouch, and ST 30 and an ST Controller - as well as the corresponding update to the app. Having done so though, it would good to know what features, bug fixes and changes were included in the update. At the moment I, and probably many others, are trying to find out what's been changed by trial and error....
Whilst at least some of the feature requests from the Owner Community appear to have been implemented, which is good to see, many simple ones have not, at least as far as I can tell. There are many, many requests in the SoundTouch Feature Requests posting dated, 20th August (link above) that appear not to have been included with the latest update.....some examples that were on my wish list included:
(1) "What's Playing" scrolled onto the OLED display of the ST Controller (not just the playlist name), or if using another source on the Wave ST such as the DAB radio, Internet Radio or CD player, then the station name/programme info, track listing etc. should appear instead of the blank screen as at present. In other words give full mirroring functionality to the ST Controller
(2) Multiple system control from the ST Controller, not just the single system it's currently paired to.
(3) More presets for each source, in multiples of 6 if necessary i.e 12, 18, 24 etc, but in any event, more than 6 please!
(4) Ability to add/delete what's playing to/from individual playlists on Deezer; function not limited just to add/remove from Favourite Tracks, as at present.
(5) More music services eg. Apple Music, Qobuz, Amazon Music, Google Play etc. etc.
(6) Time display on the ST30 when in standby mode.
Rumour has it another major update is coming later this month with a relaunch of the ST platform - any details on what's going to be included with this supplemental update and when it's timetabled to happen would be deeply appreciated by the Bose ST Owner Community. Meantime I look forward to learning what the official list of features are included in yesterday's update.
Thank-you!
This post also copied to the SoundTouch Feature Requests posting, for the sake of completeness.
Blackadder
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Thank-you Jason, for compiling the data so far and for dropping the negative voting component of the scoring process. In accordance with your request for one post per request, I will repeat mine in single posts following this one, as I am guilty of muddling the process by including multiple requests in the same post. Apologies to others for duplication.
Blackadder
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Full mirroring functionality to the ST Controller i.e."What's Playing" scrolled onto the OLED display of the ST Controller (not just the playlist name), or if using another source on the Wave ST such as the DAB radio, Internet Radio or CD player, then the station name/programme info, track listing etc. should appear instead of the blank screen as at present.
Blackadder
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Multiple system control from the ST Controller, not just the single system it's currently paired to.

Blackadder
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Ability to add/delete what's playing to/from individual playlists on Deezer; function not limited just to add/remove from Favourite Tracks, as at present.

Blackadder
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

More music straeming services eg. Apple Music, Qobuz, Amazon Music, Google Play, Sirius XM, etc. etc.

JoeWag
Registered since

Aug 14, 2015

I'm missing the most important "feature" on first place.
Please, just bugfix the firmware first and make the system more stable and realiable before implementing any new feature. There are a lot of people, including me, who are complaining und suffering.
Thank you.
KimEmax
Registered since

Sep 3, 2015

More than lousy 6 favorites in the App, please. We're in 2015 😉
simi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2015

Build a remote app for the Apple Watch