Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Feature Requests/Product Feedback

I somewhat feel like I've been done up like a kipper. I bought for 800 euros The Wave Music SoundTouch IV thinking it will run Spotify flawlessly. The volume from the speakers is quite lower than that of a Cd playing and the worst part is that it doesn't even support queueing. What a disappointment !!! 😞
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Hi Bose
Just figured out in another thread how to switch back and forth between speakers and side aux (this is on a soundtouch520)
I believe the following enhancement, although tiny, would greatly help me a daily basis:
* when using 'System' on the remote, go directly to the item where the menu had been left the last time; I am going to use teh 5th entry (Side aux) a lot, and I really don't need to start at item 1. every time.
* how about being able to exit the menu by clicking 'System' again, instead of having to locate the 'exit' button.
Alternatively, if there was some sort of a REST API to script this from a computer if would of course be even better 🙂

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

I have soundtouch home theater 520. These are my suggestions for future improvements...
add in system menu of Bose soundtouch 520 home theater a volume limiter or option to edit the power of the system so the user can limit de maximun Volume of the system, to avoid children accidentally set maximun volume from the remote control.
the soundtouch app only play tracks from the beggining...id like to be able to move through a song to listen the section of the track im interested...
Id like to be able to change from the APP to different modes of the home theater, mode TV, mode soundtouch, mode CBL-SAT, game or AUX...
Regards

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 30, 2015

More presets 12/18/... (using combination of button 1-6 and a different button) 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 30, 2015

Set-up groups / initiate "play everywhere" by using remote control, buttons on the devices or soundtouch controller (but without having to open the app).
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2016

• It is essential that you enable the ability to create playlists on the fly from any device.
  • It is essential that you enable the ability to access the album or artist song listing from the now playing screen.
  • The 'RECENTS' list needs to be at least 100% longer.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

-Release an update so that we can AirPlay to soundtouch series iii speakers, like we can on the series ii. Bluetooth is inferior and generally just bad.
-Make AirPlay reliable.
-Add support Apple Music. Or just AirPlay!!!! 
-Group these comments involving the same topic like "AirPlay" or "display time" together.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2015

Not sure why we are still talking about new feature here when Bose can't even make what the promised and sold for (Airplay) working...
​I am a true victim of this. I bought the Bose SoundTouch JC II truly because it supports AIrplay streaming... but now... the airplay delay has been bordering me for almost a year... no solution/ response from Bose... it's sad! so sad!
The SoundTouch JC II doesn't come with Bluetooth support netiher so there is virtually no reliable way to stream from my mobile with streaming music services except Sportify which it is not really a good one in Hong Kong...
​Anyway... I admit that I am truly an idiot to spent 13k USD to buy a piece of junk... Bose.. you win! Happy selling all your junk!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Really disappointed as to why the SoundTouch is still being sold as AirPlay certified when the support is laughable. I have three control devices (all paired) and I cannot assume control from any seamlessly without going through a horribly clunky and restrictive method of re-pressing the BT/Aux button to get control via BT. Means I have to be within reach/sight of the player to do this every time. I have WiFi everywhere - so yes, add FULL support!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2015

@BOSE, this thread is surely unmanageable as a means to gather users' requests for new / improved features. The same requests are repeated, with Apple-related ones probably in the majority, making the few original and worthwhile ones lost in the crowd. There must be a better way to do this.
Some examples:

• Creation of playlists on the fly, from within the app.
  • Display current playlist / queue, and allow jumping to tracks within the list.
  • Queueing of tracks, allowing further tracks to be added to the currenly playing list.
  • DLNA support
  • Linux client
  • Android app should not lose state every time the screen is turned off.
  • App UI wastes too much screen space, especially on smaller devices.