rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12 - UPDATE November 22nd

@joe567890 wrote:

@rickatk  - are you a "beta tester"?

over a thousand posts?  doesn't seem you are just interested in using the speakers to listen to music and is here for support.

you're answer seems disingenuous to me, and specifically didn't address @BoseInq concerns. 

I could be wrong, but it rather seems like an attempt to make the last post in this tread Bose-positive for people searching and looking at the last page...   

I am not a beta tester, Bose employee or contractor. Further I am not employed in the AV industry. Just an audio and video product enthusiast for over four decades. 

I understand this is a user forum for many purposes. The forum is a place to look for help with technical issues as well discuss Bose products good and bad. People also come seeking buying advice. I believe for a forum like this to be successful, participants have to post honestly and in detail so everyone can learn about the technical issues, successes and failures or the products in general.

Bose has pretty liberal posting guidelines as such makes for a good place to hang out. I have certainly learned a thing or two here as well. 

Last month I was contacted by Bose and asked to try 23.0.12 on my system. That is something I don’t usually do. I am not interested is the instability of beta software and testing, but agreed to do so. I was able to report that the update was free of problems in my setup at least.

Pardon me for my enthusiasm. In my experience these products have worked well and sound great. I hope people will read about my experiences and impressions as I use my Bose gear and make their own judgements. Nothing disingenuous it that!

SoundTouch 30(20)

SoundTouch 10

Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch

Smart Home 300

Solo speakers (10 and 15)

Companion 20 

IE 2 (Apple) ear buds

SoundLink colour 

Plasmanut
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12 - UPDATE November 22nd

So you’re not a beta tester, but you’re saying in the same post that you were on 23.0.12 before it got released and that you were asked for feedback. I don’t want to play semantics, but that makes you a beta tester.

The fact that it appears that you have zero issues with your SoundTouch speakers could perhaps explain why Bose seems to think they’re doing a fine job with their software updates.  

I would love to be asked to test something but I guess I wouldn’t be telling Bise what they want to hear so that likely disqualifies me. 

I’m ready to throw all my speakers out the window. I have not been able to play music in all my rooms for more than 5 minutes over the last several weeks. Literally nothing is working despite me doing a factory reset and reconnecting all my speakers to my network. 

Other companies would have fired their engineers a long time ago but somehow Bose keeps pretending that it’s rainbows and lollipops all around. The fact that every software update seems to make things worse makes my blood boil especially since we are getting NOTHING in the way of improved or new features. 

2020 is here and  Bose needs to go or get off the pot. Sorry to be blunt, but that’s how I feel. 

cfv
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10

Hi Admin

The new forum redesign does not help with resolving the dropped connectivity issue with Soundtouch speakers. It would be great of Bose can provide some priority to fix this longstanding issue to have thses speakers operate seamlessly on home networks like other products from Sonos, Yamaha, Samsung, LG etc.

For a premium sound product the software design and operation of the networking leaves much to be desired. I have 2 Soundtouch 20s and a Soundtouch 10. I was going to expand my music setup with more Soundtouch devices earlier this year. I gave that idea up and am converting to Yamaha (my main hi-fi system is all Yamaha components).

The Soundtouch devices fail abysmally as consumer products because:

- I have to regularly setup each of my devices 2-3 times per week because the connection has dropped or an update is forced through the Soundtouch app on my Android tablet. Other devices - Yamaha, various TVs, android tablets, CCTV etc do not behave like this.setup

- The Soundtouch app on android is not exactly user friendly or intuitive and should provide an option to upgrade or not.

- All the advice provided on the forums to resolve the connectivity issue does not definitively or actually resolve it. Configuration and checking things like static dns, wavelength band and other network settings should not be necessary (see competitors devices) for home consumers. Reboots and calling doubt on routers and other equipment is ill informed advice from a company like BOSE and again unacceptable for consumer products.

As this issue has been unresolved for several years (based on the forum threads) and my internet search for a solution, it is dissapointing that BOSE cannot resolve this significant operational problem and it certainly has impacted on my decision to change systems and actively discourage others from purchasing these units.

regards

Clifton Vincent

Australia

Redbulla
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

We upgrade to 23.0.12 my ST300 and my woofer 300 and invisible 300 dont pair :((( i try reset the soundbar 3-4 times no result , the woofer have yellow light blink all time...What shold i do , restore to warranty ? I cant find older version sofware on bose site . Pls help

Justcp
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Excuse me @bose Team,

But the Firmware of your "premium" products became more buggy.

After a couple of hours, I'm not able to find the speaker via App.

It seems like the webserver crashes after some hours ( connected wireless to accespoint).

Only a hard power on off helps in my case.

I also cannot reach the Soundbar via Webinterface / Ping, but

Spotify Connect works fine (uses another port?).

Please fix this asap because it sucks a lot.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Redbulla wrote:

We upgrade to 23.0.12 my ST300 and my woofer 300 and invisible 300 dont pair :((( i try reset the soundbar 3-4 times no result , the woofer have yellow light blink all time...What shold i do , restore to warranty ? I cant find older version sofware on bose site . Pls help

Be sure to log out of your SoundTouch account and then log back in following any major update. Also reboot your router. Ensure your speaker is connecting on the same band as your app.