cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssathue
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

SoundTouch Music Server - What is it, Why do I want it, How can I get rid of it?

Perhaps a newbie question - I did try multiple searching but found no satisfactory answer as to what the SoundTouch Music Server (icon is in my Windows 10 System Tray) does.

I think it is related to Apple music and its purpose is to sync iTunes to SoundTouch.

If my understanding is correct, then can I uninstall/delete/remove the "Music Server"?

I primarily use Amazon Music and even that is primarily via my Echo Dot, although sometimes I do directly access my Amazon library via the BOSE SoundTouch Windows 10 app, so I don't really want to uninstall the app for that reason (and for software updates for my device reason). Is the Music Server tied into that singular app and/or can it be removed individually?

Do I want/need/must have the Music Server given my above scenario? Thanks for help/advice.

-Steve

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: SoundTouch Music Server - What is it, Why do I want it, How can I get rid of it?

Hello ssathue,

The SoundTouch Music Server is the portion of the program which allows us to interact with a local music library such as iTunes or Windows Media Player stored on the computer.

You do not technically need to have the SoundTouch Music Server running if you are primarily accessing music services on the cloud such as your Amazon Music or use the system primarily via Bluetooth.

We would recommend keeping the SoundTouch Music Server installed as that is a portion of the program and removing or uninstalling could have adverse affects in the future in terms of updating.

Let us know if that helps clarify your question! Thanks!

View solution in original post

ssathue
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Music Server - What is it, Why do I want it, How can I get rid of it?

Author Accepted Answer selected by ssathue

Thanks for that clarification. I'll consider leaving it alone. And looking at it regularly in my system tray.  🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello ssathue,

The SoundTouch Music Server is the portion of the program which allows us to interact with a local music library such as iTunes or Windows Media Player stored on the computer.

You do not technically need to have the SoundTouch Music Server running if you are primarily accessing music services on the cloud such as your Amazon Music or use the system primarily via Bluetooth.

We would recommend keeping the SoundTouch Music Server installed as that is a portion of the program and removing or uninstalling could have adverse affects in the future in terms of updating.

Let us know if that helps clarify your question! Thanks!

ssathue
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ssathue

Thanks for that clarification. I'll consider leaving it alone. And looking at it regularly in my system tray.  🙂