Highlighted
cutlerjm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

SoundTouch Program won't find SoundTouch 10 Speakers

I just installed the latest version of the SoundTouch program on my windows 10 laptop. I was able to connect to my SoundTouch 10 speakers once using the software (I chnage my preselects on the speakers), then never again. The program just cannot find the speakers. The speakers work fine because they play music from the internet (Sir\ius XM and other internet stations) when using the preselect buttons.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundTouch Program won't find SoundTouch 10 Speakers

Hi cutlerjm,

Thanks for the message, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the SoundTouch App.

Are you able to install the SoundTouch app on a different device, like a tablet or smartphone?  Can you see the systems on a different device?

As well, lets try a reboot on your laptop and wireless router.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

cutlerjm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Brandon:

My answers are in red below.

Are you able to install the SoundTouch app on a different device, like a tablet or smartphone?  Can you see the systems on a different device? I have the same problem on my smartphone.

As well, lets try a reboot on your laptop and wireless router. I have rebooted everything (router, laptop, smartphone, speakers) several times. Problem still exists.

Jack

Thanks for confirming that Jack.

Can you force an update on your SoundTouch systems?  Hold down the Volume (-) and 4 buttons together on the top of your SoundTouch systems for 5 seconds to force a software update to your systems.

I'm going to assume that everything is on the same network as well?  And that you only have one network in your home?

What is the brand and model of your wireless router?

Best,

Brandon

cutlerjm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Brandon:

My answers are in red below.

Can you force an update on your SoundTouch systems?  Hold down the Volume (-) and 4 buttons together on the top of your SoundTouch systems for 5 seconds to force a software update to your systems. I did not try this because I don't understand what this will do to my system. As I mentioned in my original post, the speakers themselves work just fine. I can use the pre-select buttons to play music from the internet via my wireless network (I have a mix of Sirius XM and Internet Radio preselects). I would like to hear what you have to say about my answers below before I do something I don't undertsand, potentially breaking what works now.

I'm going to assume that everything is on the same network as well?  Yes, everything is on the same wireless network. And that you only have one network in your home? Yes, I only have one network in my home.

What is the brand and model of your wireless router? D-Link DIR655

Jack

Hi Jack,

Lets give the software update a test.  This will not do anything to individual system playback.  The system will check for an update, and install if one is available.

Thanks,

Brandon