Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 10, 2015

SoundTouch SA-4 not able to setup

I just bought this new SoundTouch system SA-4 amplifier. I was able to configure and connect to Wifi Adaptor but not able to get any sound out of the speakers. Amplifier LED status does not show any activity coming to it, When you power up the amp, you see this green light lit on/off slowly and then stops (no green light, just off). From iphone and from PC app, and even Airplay seems to be connected to the system, but nothing is happing on the Amplifier and there is no sound. I have tried the same speakers on another SA-2 amp and they do work, so not sure why it is not working. 
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: SoundTouch SA-4 not able to setup

Hi Mmafzal,
SA2 and SA4 amp are 2 different system.
With SA4 you have to connect the amp to Soundtouch adapter and then with soundtouch app installed on your pc/laptop, make connection to your wifi network.
Open the soundtouch app, choose connect with wifi, connect usb cable from soundtouch adapter to your pc/laptop and choose your SSID name and fill your password, then you must create soundtouch account by providing your email address and rename your system if you want to rename it, after that it is ready to use ( the light indicator on your soundtouch adapter should be solid white now) Now connect speakers to SA4 amp. With soundtouch app now you can enjoy music from internet radio/ itunes music library from your pc/laptop and music services.
rgds
jordan

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi nmafzal,

The green LED should show up on the actual Amplifier portion of your SA-4 setup any time there is power. It may be flashing green in stand-by or solid green when the amp is in active use. If that LED dissappears, your amp is not correctly powered up any longer.

Unplug your power cable from the amp for a full 3 minutes to reset the product before you re-attach. Double-check that the power cord and Boselink cable are secure. If the issue continues then the amp may be defective and need to be replaced for a new one. 

For further assistance.in that case you can contact local service by visiting http://global.bose.com  and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 10, 2015

each time you power up the amp, it start blinking green slowly and then no light. I will send this unit back. thanks for the help