Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

SoundTouch SiriusXM Channel Search

SoundTouch SiriusXM Channel Search

SiriusXM has a new channel call Freebird which is southern rock and it is on Channel 30.

The only way I know how to play a channel is by using the search.

"channel 30" search "Couldn't Find Anything"

"free bird" search "Couldn't Find Anything"

"freebird" search "Couldn't Find Anything"

"southern rock" search "Couldn't Find Anything"

How can I get this channel?

How can I just select the channel without searching

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch SiriusXM Channel Search

Hello @Albert5700,

Thank you for posting. I was able to located this limited time station in my SiriusXM account attached to my SoundTouch account. 

• Open SiriusXM in the SoundTouch application
  • Select "Channels", then select the search bar up top
  • Type in 716 then search and you will see the station pop up

The end date for this station from what I saw on the SiriusXM website is supposed to be the end of April this year.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Got it, thanks. My problem was that I put in the search bar "Channel 716" nd "Ch 716" which don't work. Also I wih they would show the channel # on the results display.

Another question on the "Recents" is there really only 3 recents stored in the Soundlink App? If there is more, how do you get them displayed? 

Thanks,

P.S. The SiriusXM app for streaming has so many more featrures than the SoundLink SiriusXM app, like setting the streaming quality. Why doesn't Bose just use it for the GUI (operator interface) instead of a low function app of thier own?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Albert,

Thanks for letting us know it's working!

We use the API that SiriusXM provides us with, and create our own interface using that.  

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Are you saying that the SiriusXM API doesn't provide the capability to change the streaming audio quality, or the BOSE interface doesn't implement it. There should be an "Application Settings" window to control this as there is on the SiriusXM APP.

The BOSE customers for soundtouch instruments like the SA-5 Amplifier expect the highest quality fidelity money can buy. Yet, the BOSE interface (or SiriusXM) doesn't provide such control? 

Please let me know the answer and thanks in advance for your response

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the question.  I'm not sure if the API provides the ability to switch audio stream quality.  The SoundTouch app should default to the maximum bit-rate available.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Good to hear, thanks

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Just today I upgraded my SiriusXM subscription, so that we would get the Beatles channel and the MLB channels (Cubs fan...).

So when I went into SoundTouch to listen to these new channels, they weren't there. I had them in my Sirius app, but SoundTouch was not recognizing them. A search didn't work. 

Eventually, I fixed it by the scientific methodology known as "fooling around till something works." What I learned as a result  is that if you change your SXM subscription, you have to delete SXM from your SoundTouch music services, then re-establish it. If you don't, SoundTouch will think you still are using your old subscription, and you will not get the upgraded channel selection.