SoundTouch Software Improvements
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss improvements to the SoundTouch app. Basically, I've used Sonos for many years, but I decided a year ago to use some of the Bose SoundTouch products as it's easier for guests to control volume, etc. The included remote is very useful.
However, since I have both Sonos at Bose at home, I have found the SoundTouch app a little left behind. I think a few improvements would really improve my satisfaction with the app and I hope the community can assist with their thoughts.
1) Now playing - For some reason the big 'stop,play' icon in the middle is quite annoying, it's as if the album art is missing, but instead it's down on the left corner so small you can barely see it. I much prefer the Album Art to be in the middle, front and center, much like the Sonos Now Playing screen.
2) Just for You - We should have a few sections here, (Use the listening history to dynamically adjust these sections - Recents, Trending, Recommended (Suggested), (Allow the user to pin music to these sections to build a music library from multiple sources - Albums, Songs, Artists, Playlists, Radio Stations).
3) Sleep Timer - This is a very useful feature that Sonos hides away in it's desktop app. Would be super useful to have this on the app for late night listening at the bedside on the SoundTouch 10.
4) Spotify - if I search for something, say Jazz... I can only see four listings under each header, so under albums I can only play one of four. Why am I unable to click through and 'view all/more'?
5) Spotify - Unable the scrub/fast fwd music. Very annoying, actually surprised it's not there!
6) Internet Radio - At the top we should be able to pin favourate stations, which would also key back into point 2) where they would also be displayed on the Just For You.
7) Universal Search - We should be able to search all music sources without picking the music source. So for example, if I have Amazon Music, Deezer and Spotify, Searching for Taylor Swift should bring up results from all sources. Sonos does this quite well by the way.
😎 Finally, Apple Music. I realise you're working on adding additional sources - but Apple Music is right behind Spotify (closely catching up) so it would be critical to try and support this as soon as possible. I suspect most of Bose's customers are Mac users too, making this a very high priority request.
I do want to say, I think Bose has done an excellent job with the SoundTouch line and I hope to see how it evolves into a mature product someday.
Hopefully this post will encourage improvements to the app and the community can add their support to see which of the features they'd like to see implemented.
Thanks for listening.