I purchased both a Soundbar 300 and SoundTouch 10 and both units no do not play SoundTouch music. I went through the setup process multiple times with no luck. It keeps failing on the renaming screen, yet the renaming of the device appears to work fine.
I have tried the following and still cannot get music to play or the setup process to complete:
- Factory reset
- Setup by USB via the computer app
- Connecting both by wifi and ethernet (Soundtouch 300)
- Setup by the phone app
- Setup by the computer app
- Rebooting the modem and wifi routers several times
- Turning off all my wireless routers in the house except one and using just the one router
- Creating a new, separate wireless network just for the Bose speakers and connecting phones & Bose speakers to that
- Manually initiating setup on the Soundtouch 10 and connecting via IP address on my browser to set up the wifi using this approach: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/connecting-to-a-wi-fi-network-alt-setup-st300.html and https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/connecting-to-a-wi-fi-network-alt-setup-st10-20iii-30iii.... -- when I do this, it accepts and appears to connect to the wifi network but it does not have a "continue" button like it says in step 7.
- Removing both speakers from the SoundTouch app. It won't let me remove them and hangs on the following screen:
Both the computer app and phone app always hang on the following screen. I kept my phone and computer on for 30 minutes but this screen never went away.
Here is the link to the system logs I found via the system log tool using the SoundTouch SystemLogTool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/06s0r5hh8vzwuy2/2018-03-04T10-52-51-SystemLogTool.zip?dl=0
This screen comes up quite a bit too in the SoundTouch app:
I get this quite a bit too:
My internet connection is very fast as well:
Help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent several hours trying to get this setup to work and unfortunately it's not returnable.