Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoseForNF
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

SoundTouch Soundbar 300 & SoundTouch 10 setup failing and music not playing

Can the Soundtouch 10 speakers be used as Surround Speakers for Soundtouch 300 Soundbar with Acoustimass Bass system, or is it necessary to have the Virtually Invisible Wireless Surround Speakers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: SoundTouch Soundbar 300 & SoundTouch 10 setup failing and music not playing

Author Accepted Answer selected by BoseForNF

Hello BoseForNF

Thanks for joining the community!

The SoundTouch 10 speakers were not designed to be used as rear speakers for SoundTouch 300 systems, and as stand alone units for music.  The Virtually Invisible 300 speakers connect directly to the soundbar.  This way, you get at true 5.1 signal sent to your rear speakers for the best experience.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by BoseForNF

Hello BoseForNF

Thanks for joining the community!

The SoundTouch 10 speakers were not designed to be used as rear speakers for SoundTouch 300 systems, and as stand alone units for music.  The Virtually Invisible 300 speakers connect directly to the soundbar.  This way, you get at true 5.1 signal sent to your rear speakers for the best experience.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

View solution in original post

BoseForNF
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

Tony - Thanks for the reply. Though it was more-or-less what I expected, I'm extremely disappointed. I have a Sonos system connected to one of my TVs, and decided to get a wireless sound system for my second TV. Costco had the Soundbar 300 with Acoustimass woofer at a good price and a pair of the Soundtouch 10 speakers at a sale price. I was told that the Soundtouch 10 speakers would work with the Soundbar 300, and found that they do - to a very limited extent. I was extremely disappointed to find that while playing music, I could select play all and have them playing in unison, but when playing content from the TV via HDMI, there is an extreme lag, and it is not 5.1 surround. Lesson learned - I should have investigated further before purchase so that I would have known that I would be limited to inferior speakers for the surround speakers in the form of the "virtually invisible 300 surround speakers". I went with Bose because I have always liked the sound of Bose, but I've learned that for better choice of speakers and better flexibility, I'm inclined to go with Sonos when I purchase another system in the fall unless Bose upgrades their software to allow a larger choice of speakers with the Soundbar 300. I'm not inclined to spend another $300 and make my Soundtouch 10 speakers "virtually" useless.