Highlighted
BlueMax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

SoundTouch Soundbar 300 won't connect to Samsung Smart TV

After about two weeks, our SoundTouch Soundbar 300 wouldn't connect with our Samsung TV.  Our research shows that many other Bose customers have been having this problem for well over a year.  We have only had the system for about 4 weeks now, but experienced a two-fold problem as follows:

FIRST, our TV stopped activating the Bose Soundbar 300 when initially turned ON.  Likewise, turning on the Soundbar 300 would not turn on the TV.  We tried various solutions as follows:

1. We checked our TV settings to make sure the Samsung TV audio was set to the Bose receiver versus the internal speakers.  A little confusion here as to why Bose calls it a receiver on the HDMI (ARC) connection?  Nevertheless, this did not correct the problem.
  2. Bose also configures some kind of a music server as a new source, not sure yet how that works, what is this?  This did not correct the problem.
  3. We used the remote control handset to physically switch the Soundbar 300 to the TV mode.  This did not correct the problem.

SECOND, we could not switch the Soundbar 300 to the TV mode using our Bose SoundTouch app?  In fact, we see no icons in the SoundTouch app that correspond with the source icons on the remote for selecting the TV or AUX on the Soundbar 300.  The app is also missing options for setting the bass levels the Accoustimass 300 is connected.  We DO see one for the SoundTouch mode, and possibly the Bluetooth mode also (not at home now).  As such, we cannot switch to TV mode using the Bose app to try and engage the TV sound input.

These all seem to be serious oversights, at least to me as a new customer and apparently to others in the forum.  Fortunately, we found a suggestion on the forum that temporarily has fixed the problem, but noted that it has not fixed it for other customers.  As instructed, we physically disconnected the power for both the TV and Soundbar 300 for 10 minutes, then plugged in and turned ON the Soundbar 300 first, and then the Samsung TV.  The devices properly configured and we now have TV sound again.  Such a work-around is never optimal, so we are left wondering when will we have the problem next.

Can you give us any difinitive information on when these problems may be permanently fixed?  Thank you for your assistance.

6 REPLIES 6
cjmaverick
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Re: SoundTouch Soundbar 300 won't connect to Samsung Smart TV

Try to re run the adaptiq calibration making sure your five listening positions are evenly spread out within your listening areas. Sountouch remote has a bass button on the bottom left, if you press that you see lights blinking on the soundbar, if you up the volume button, this increases bass and you can see the blinkers shift, you can go +/- 4 stops. This is my experience from having bought ST300 and connected to samsung TV. On Samsung TV if you go to sound and advanced sound set the output to PCM instead of Dolby or DTS. Finally, the distance of the soundbar wrt the wall also affects the bass, I think. See if this helps.

Sally1957
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Go into your Sound settings on your TV

do a REFRESH on the ANYNET to rediscover your devices

this helps me every time. 

I do not have to do the UNPLUG reset anymore!

BlueMax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Sally, thank you for the hint on refreshing the Anynet feature on our Samsung TV.  We'll certainly give that a try as it would be much easier than the shutdown procedure.  Thanks.

Sally1957
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

I hope it helps you. My Samsung hdtv does not seem to LIKE the Bose 300. I use to have to unplug  for a minute then plug back in. But since I discovered the Anynet device search or refresh I don't have to do it often anymore.

of course... just today my Apple TV messed up my source switching and I had to unplug again. It's a fail safe way to get it all to agree...I still had to do a Anynet device  search.

best wishes with it!

TomPaulk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Sally, that worked for me!  I was getting very frusrated, but the Device Refresh seemed to do the trick.  I was about ready to ditch this Soundbar, but this has solved the problem (for now).

Sally1957
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

I'm happy the REFRESH helped. I actually need to do this almost daily....ugh.