Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul-J
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Speaker Firmware Update - 25.0.0 - May 27th 2020

I am having a similar issue, where after the update 25.0.0. My ST300 is working, but my wireless surround speakers and wireless subwoofer are not. But what is more worrying is that no light indicators are showing in the speakers modules and on the subwoofer it’s self. I’m worried that this update has left me with £800 worth of paper weights.

Nylo
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Hello,

I’m looking for help to complete the update of my SoundTouch 10.

I’ve got 3 of them. One want thru ok with the airplay update.

For the 2 other ones the app did purpose the update but the downloading of the firmware on the app never went thru. After opening the app again the update was never purposed again, and the « update button » on settings stayed grey.

I then tried a manual update using an usb cable. The transfer of the firmware went thru  but the speaker never reboot after completion.  The speaker was frozen with solid blue led on Bluetooth. (I did not found an explanation about was this led status means on the led status means).  After an hard reset, the speaker was up and running again but not updated.

Could you please help me ou with that, I feel a bit desperate with this update 😔.

Thanks!

Nylo

Hector_B

Hey Nylo, 

Thanks for posting on this thread! Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to update all of your SoundTouch 10's. 

If the system was manufactured before a certain date it will not feature the Airplay chip which means that you won't be able to use this feature despite updating the system. 

You will need to reach out to our team via this link here, so the team can assist you further with booking your speaker in to get this chip installed. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
David Moore
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Just applied new update 26.0.1 today - and it seems to work, was this just security fixes or was any feature added?

The one way issue I would like solved is where the units don't work with play all sometimes (network address change) and need to have the power cycled to fix this as there is no 'reboot' option.