Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

SoundTouch Wireless Link / Wireless SoundTouch SA5 Amplifier / new SoundTouch App - Major Issues!!!!

Not sure if the issues are being caused by the new app (I've read the several other threads on this forum 'New App Sucks!', 'SoundTouch App problems, etc) or if it is the wireless link portion of the system that is causing all the issues.  I never had the prior app, so I can't speak of the comparison of the new app to old app.  I've never had wireless issues on my network in the past and all else is working as expected now (except my new Bose wireless system).

I have all the units within 3 feet of each other for tsting purposes including my recently purchased top of line Linksys Smart WiFi router.  Rebooted everything, downloaded latest software to speakers/wireless link and redownload app multiple times and all it would do is 'searching for speakers'.  Took several times keying in my wireless password for it to accept it.  Then all of a sudden, I finally got something, but, the sound/music coming out of the speakers was intermittent, distorted, crackly and overall unacceptable.

But then, I simply hooked a cat5 cable between the SoundTouch SA5 Amplifier and my LinkSys Router and the sound from the new outdoor speakers was perfect.  I played with the app (not that there is much to do with it), changing music sources, changing sound level, etc. and all worked as expected.

So again, I'm not really sure if it is a true wifi issue or it really is the app and how it handles the wifi connection.  Comparing the problems described by everyone else, I doubt everyone has a wifi issue.  It seems to me the problem lies in the new app when wifi is being utilized. 

But, I didn't buy this system for it's cat5 cable connection abilities, I bought it for it's wireless functionality.  But sadly, that's where it fails miserably.

Prior Bose owned products:

The only Bose product I've ever owned is my LifeStyle 50 5-Speaker system plus Accoustimass, CD Changer, Multi-Room Interface with the Personal Music Center remote and have been extremely happy with it.  So, I'm quite disappointed with this 'brand new' product they have put out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link / Wireless SoundTouch SA5 Amplifier / new SoundTouch App - Major Issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by J
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link / Wireless SoundTouch SA5 Amplifier / new SoundTouch App - Major Issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by J