geodali
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter cannot connect to wireless system

After almost a year of uninterrupted enjoyment of my Bose sound systems (SoundTouch 120, SoundTouch 10 and the new addition of a SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter connected to my old Lifestyle 5 Music System that I have happily been using for almost a year) I encountered the dreaded the error 4203 when trying to access my music collection that resides in my PC via our WiFi home arrangement. But the problem was only with the ST 120 and the STWL but not the ST 10 that was happy to remain connected to my PC music collection.

To rectify the situation, and following Bose online recommendations, I commenced to reset the STWL. Unplug power, press and hold control button, reconnect power while continue holding control button until solid amber comes up. Manual (page 24) says that this indicates that “System is in set up mode”. I waited and waited and nothing happened. I opened the Bose app that shows the three systems but for the STWL it says “Services unavailable when speaker is offline”. Go Settings, reconnect speaker, how would you like to connect speaker, BUT, there is a note that says “Speaker is already connected to the network”. Back, retry, nothing!!  I even rebooted by router, just in case, but that did not help either. Regarding the solid amber indicator, after a while that disappears all together.

I tried reset again a number of times and nothing happened. So, please, how do I get my STWL to work again?

In the meanwhile my ST 120 by miracle can now connect to my PC music collection, without having to do anything about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
geodali
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter cannot connect to wireless system

Author Accepted Answer selected by geodali

Problem has been overcome by removing link adapter from home network and reinstalling it through the use of the USB cable linking computer with App and the unit. Advice and walk through was provided by consultant at local Bose shop that I visited with the intention of returning the unit as faulty. He checked unit, had it playing at the shop and offered to walk me through the process on the phone to ensure that I had it operating again. Great service!

1 REPLY 1
geodali
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter cannot connect to wireless system

Author Accepted Answer selected by geodali

Problem has been overcome by removing link adapter from home network and reinstalling it through the use of the USB cable linking computer with App and the unit. Advice and walk through was provided by consultant at local Bose shop that I visited with the intention of returning the unit as faulty. He checked unit, had it playing at the shop and offered to walk me through the process on the phone to ensure that I had it operating again. Great service!