SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter connection problem
I have a Soundtouch setup comprising of 1 x Soundtouch 10 and 2 x Soundtouch Wireless link Adapters. They all worked fine until I changed my ISP this week – I now have a Sky Q Hub router which is working well throughout my house. I’ve been able to connect the Soundtouch 10 and one of the adapters to the new network, but the second refuses to connect. It also doesn’t follow the expected setup routine suggested by the app. Here is what happens:
- On the app (on my Android phone), I select Settings.
- Add or Reconnect Speaker
- I receive a message: ‘Checking for updates’
- Next screen: ‘How would you like to connect….?,
- I select: WiFi
- There is a pause
- Message: ‘Your system needs some help getting into setup mode’
- I select ‘Continue’
- I’m shown a list of Soundtouch units, with pictures and asked to ‘select your speaker’
- I select ‘Soundtouch Wireless Link’
- I am told to ‘Press & hold Control Button until WiFi indicator blinks once and turns amber (1-8 seconds)’
- I do this but the Bluetooth and WiFi lights flash a few times, then start a sequence – Bluetooth/WiFi/Bluetooth for 5 or 6 times, then the WiFi light stays on in dim white. Nothing lights in amber.
- I press ‘Continue’ in the app (because there’s nothing else indicated) and I’m presented with the Message at 7 above and it loops around again (and again and again….)
This is driving me mad. I like Bose kit but the operating instructions don’t match the actual procedure and I don’t know how to get past this – any ideas, please?