Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 19, 2016

SoundTouch Wireless Link

Can I connect an analog record player with a built-in pre-amp to my SoundTouch 300 soundbar using the SoundTouch Wireless Link?  Thanks!
If not, then how do I connect a record player to SoundTouch 300 soundbar?
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link

Hi Wade,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Currently, the SoundTouch Wireless Link doesn’t have the ability to rebroadcast what’s connected to the Aux in connection, but, that is in the works! Since we don’t have a timetable when this will be implemented, connecting to your SoundTouch 300 will be the best option. 
Do you have your SoundTouch 300 connected to your TV via HDMI? If so, you’re best bet would be to connect your turntable to one of the analog RCA inputs on your TV. When you want to play some vinyl, just make sure you TV is set to that input and the audio should be heard through the Soundbar.

Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2016

Hi Brent,

I wanted to comment on your post regarding, connecting a  turntable to the rca jacks on a tv, that would not really work due to the preamp section built into the tv, but also the turntable requires a ground on the tv chassis to connect to, or you will introduce a ground loop hum. I am currently working on a few things, but your best bet would be either using an aftermarket digital to analog converter and then connecting a preamp using a digital connection, connecting  a preamp to a standalone bluetooth transmitter. Hope this helps with a little understanding for the turntable.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Hello Brent

Do you have any update on the timing for this feature (rebroadcast via Aux In) and when this is released will it be possible to update my existing SoundTouch Wireless Link (brand new) and Soundbar 300 (brand new)?

Thank you.

Stephen

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Wade_Carpenter,

There hasn't been an update in regards to timing. 

We are actively working to bring AUX rebroadcast for SoundTouch in the systems that will support it for the future, but we do not currently have a timeline for this expansion. The specific systems in which this feature would apply to, have not been announced. I can tell you that this feature will not be compatible with current home theater and Wave systems due to a hardware compatibility issue. 

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

Hi there

Just wanted to let you know that I asked this question at a local Bose store yesterday (29th September 2017), they did not know the answer but did a little experiment and were able to transmit music from a cd player to a wireless speaker using the Aux in port on the link, I asked if this would work by connecting the aux out port of my amp to the aux in port of the link with a double male cable and Aux jack and they said that in theory it should because if it works with a CD player then why not a turntable via an amp. It may be worth visiting your local store and asking them.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi mattheboy77, 

Thank you for sharing your experience! Also, for anyone else who is interested in the wired rebroadcast feature, we have an article HERE with a few more details. 

Kind Regards