Highlighted
dlclaytor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

SoundTouch and JazzRadio.com?

I subscribe to JazzRadio.com as a premium member. I stream content on both OSX and iOS. What I CANNOT do is stream it on WiFi to my Bose Wave SoundTouch because there is no JazzRadio.com option on the SoundTouch app (such as there is for Spotify, etc.) I CAN beam the JazzRadio.com stream directly to the SoundTouch by using AirPlay and the JazzRadio.com app, but that seems like such a low level workaround, i.e., iOS device must be "on" and the app running. Can anyone recommend a better solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dlclaytor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Re: SoundTouch and JazzRadio.com?

Author Accepted Answer selected by dlclaytor

Brent:

One solution to my first question is to plug an AirPort Express into the Wave SoundTouch AUX IN port. Then any mac on the LAN can stream to the Express by selecting it in the iTunes dropdown menu. Voila!

Dave

8 REPLIES 8

Hi dlclaytor, 

Thank you for the post. Since JazzRadio.com is not an integrated music service, currently the only way to stream audio to your system would be with Airplay or Bluetooth (depending on the series of your system). Adding this as a music service, however, would be great and I'll pass this on to our Development Team here for consideration. 

Kind Regards,

Brent - Bose Support

dlclaytor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Brent:

My SoundTouch is Series IV, so it's Bluetooth for me. By the way, JazzRadio.com and its sister ClassicalRadio.com carry 35 and 50 curated channels respectively. Premium subscribers can configure the bandwidth and audio quality of the stream, a feature which I find especially useful, given the limitations of the Bose for customizing the sound. I think they would make worthy additions to the integrated music services.

Thanks,

Dave

dlclaytor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by dlclaytor

Brent:

One solution to my first question is to plug an AirPort Express into the Wave SoundTouch AUX IN port. Then any mac on the LAN can stream to the Express by selecting it in the iTunes dropdown menu. Voila!

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank you for sharing this information. I am sure this will be beneficial to other community users.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Joel 

dlclaytor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Joel:

You're welcome. Unfortunately, Apple recently announced that they are discontinuing the AirPort Express, although they can still be found on eBay.

By the way, I would have put these posts in the Bose Wave SoundTouch section rather than Bose Speakers section, but I don't believe there is one!

Dave

Hi Dave,

This is the right section for this post. Thank you for the insight, let us know if you have any more information or questions. Thanks for posting and have a great day.

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

dlclaytor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Wrongo! The Bose Wave SoundTouch does NOT work with an AirPort Express. My bad. ITunes on my Mac sees the AirPort Express, but the SoundTouch does NOT see it, even if it’s plugged into the AUX port. Or more correctly, it wants to be paired, but I can find no way to accomplish that. The SoundTouch sees and will play the music in my iTunes library, which is a neat trick, but nothing streamed on the internet from the Mac.

If anyone has a solution, please share. 

Hi dlclaytor,

I have answered your question HERE.

Warm Regards,

Joel