Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2016

SoundTouch and Synology - Synchronising Music Library

Hi folks. I'm looking for some help and advice.

I've a large music library on my DS216+II and I'm trying to make better use of it with my SoundTouch system (SoundTouch 10 in the kitchen, SoundTouch Wireless Access Point connectged to the Lounge system). While I can play music from it, if I try a Smart Search or similar I get "Hmm. That didn't work. Play something else or try syncing your library" (1647). I've tried searching the Bose and Synology archives, but I can't find out HOW to sync the library. Can anyone help, please?

For information, I'm using iMac, iPad and iPhone (no windows) and the NAS has the latest updates of everything runniunbg, and I've got Audio Station and iTunes Server running.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch and Synology - Synchronising Music Library

Hi bish,

Thanks for the post.

Do you have the media server installed and enabled?

Are you able to install Twonky on the NAS drive?  Depending on the drive that you have, you may have to download a 64-bit beta version of it.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2016

Re: SoundTouch and Synology - Synchronising Music Library

searching the Syno Media Player library  works only for tracks for me as well. Apparently, we are not alone (see below). The post below dated July 2017 says the problem was there one year ago

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Soundtouch-App-Synology-NAS-problem/m-p/61034

Soundtouch 20: Software version 20.0.6 (Bluetooth model)

Soundtouch 10: Software version 20.0.6 (Bluetooth model)

Synology DS918+

- Media Server: 1.7.10-2861

- DSM DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1