Blowy
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

SoundTouch app Updates

Every time i attempt to enter the Soundtouch app it requires an update to be done. Upon apparently updating, the app then exits itself and i have to re-enter upon which it wants to update again! There is no way of opting out of the update hence the App is unusable. Extremely frustrating and useless system, ruining the Bose experience. 

4 REPLIES 4
Spigget
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Re: SoundTouch app Updates

I'm having the same issue. Can use my speaker but as with your experience everytime I go on the app it asks me to update and cant find my speaker. hope it gets sorted soon

Keith_L

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having trying to update the app and I would be happy to help.

Are we both using the app on a computer when we experience this issue? This is something we have seen happen previously on Mac computers as a permission can stop the app from updating directly.

What we would need to do to get the latest version of the app installed is to download it from our website HERE and install the file we have downloaded.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Spigget
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

this is happening both on my laptop running windows 10 and on my smart phone a sumsung note 9. the app wont get past the 'searching for speakers' 

the speaker shows it is connected to the wifi but the app wont find it. any ideas?

Keith_L

Hi Spigget,

Thank you for confirming that for me.

If the speakers are showing as connected to the network, but the app is unable to find them, there can be a couple of reasons for this.

The first thing I would recommend we try for this is power cycling the speakers. To do this we just need to disconnect the speakers from the power for 30 seconds before reconnecting and testing again.

After this, we would want to check is that the speakers, and the phone and computer are all on the same network. Some routers broadcast more than one network name, if we have those separated we would want to make sure all devices are on the same one.

If they are on the same network and unable to see each other, it may be that there are some settings on the router causing difficulty communicating with the speakers.

I will post these below for you, so if you want to look through them yourself you can. You can also contact your local support team and they may be able to help you get this set up and the router optimized with you over the phone. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Recommended router settings for SoundTouch™ compatibility:

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Dual-Band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz)- Name Both differently

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!