Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prince_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: SoundTouch app cannot connect speaker

Hello Gary,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We're sorry to see you're unable to connect your Soundtouch App to the Soundtouch speakers, but I'd be happy to help.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread, if not can you trying and letting us how you get on?

If the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Prince O

Sal_25
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2019

I am experiencing exacly the same thing.

I have a 4 speaker group consisting of a soundtouch 40, a soundtouch 10, and 2 soundtouch 20.

Both soundtouch 20 disconnected from the Wirelessnetwork overnigth, I attempted to reconnect via the Iphone App, no success . I then tried using the USB interface had no success either. i made an update manually on one of them just to see what happened and i still haven't been able to reconnect both soundtouch 20 to the wireless network.

Has bosed just cancelled the life cycle of these speakers in this quite rude way? or is it simply an App problem? 

I don't really have to mention how dissappointing these issues are and what's mor how frustrating it is having the whole family asking when the speakers are going to finally work again!

Help, please!

Hector_B

Hi Sal_25, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Can you please confirm that you have attempted all troubleshooting methods as suggested in this thread? 

I would also recommend performing a product reset, this can be done by turning off the product and unplugging it from power for 30 seconds. When power is reconnected, a tone is heard from the speaker. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AndresLJones
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2019

Hi Hector,

i'm, kind of in the same vote, i have 2x SoundTouch 10's, 1 x 20, 1 x 300 sound bar and Sa-2 that i had connected to the app, when i changed my internet provider and modem i can no longer link up the speakers to the app.

Bluetooth and aux works fine. Wifi orange light is always on

When i try and run set up the orange wifi light is already on. the app tells me that i'm connected with the bose speaker and i have lost internet connection. i've tried all the trouble shooting that has been explained in the links and forums that i have read. withthe exception of a USB/computer upgrade.

The app alway tells me to "please wait" there is only so much waiting one can handle. my phone seem to go flat befor anything happens with the app and speaker.

i'm running samsung Android system but i don't think that has anything to do with it.

i have tried 2 new modems since and i can't do anything with them.

Last night i traied a reset using preset 1 and v- buttons, same thing.

Please help because i'm ready to sell it all

Vicky_W

Hi AndresLJones, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your SoundTouch speakers to the app. I am going to try my best to help you resolve this issue, I thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. 

To start with I need to check a few things: 

• When you say you have tried all troubleshooting steps, does this include the steps mentioned here about the alternate set-up mode? If so are you able to get to the IP address mentioned and connect to your wifi network? It should ask you to select your network and input your password?
  • Once you have inputted your details on the screen does the wifi indicator change color, we are looking for a white LED?
  • If you are unable to get to the IP address listed, can you please try typing 192.0.2.1 instead and let me know if you can get to the screen that asks for your wifi details?
  • When the app asks you to 'Please Wait' what action have you just pressed within the app?
  • Are you running the latest version of the SoundTouch app on your phone, you can check this via the app store?

Once I have the above details I can look to find a solution for you. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Sal25
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi Hector,

i finally solved the problem:

as I said, i have a group of speakers: 1 soundtouch 10, 2 soundtouch portable and a soundtouch 30, the soudtouch 30 is connectec via ethernet, the other 3 using a home wireless network.

I am using a router which supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks, and here lies one of the first problems! 

Somehow the 2.4Ghz  Network stopped working, that's why both soundtouch portable lost their connection, this was not a problem for the soundtouch 10 since, it uses the 5GHz network. So I tuned off the 5GHz Network and only allowed 2.4 GHz after this one of the sound touch portables had connection again (the other one had been reseted to factory settings).

an installatioin via App was still not possible, so i downloaded the PC version of the Bose Sountouch software and reconfigured the soundtouch portable that wasn't configured, it was a little bit challenging, but it finally worked.

having all 4 speakers working together again, i then turned on the 5GHz network again, everything has been running smoothly since then.

I am aware the main cause was the 2.5GHz network that stopped working, BUT let me tell you that for me the most annoying thing, was trying to use the App (for Iphone and IPad) to try to set up the speaker (an of course following the instructions ) and not beeing able to find the speaker nor being able to start the configuration wizard. 

The App should be realiable, only then you can discard that that it is a speaker issue to search for network issues...

Thank you for the support.

Hector_B

Hi Sal25, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I am very happy to hear that your issue has now been resolved and that you found the route of your issue. I also appreciate the feedback in regards to the App and setup and will pass this onto the development team for you. 

As always, if you have any other questions or do need any other support please do reach back out to us. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

blackiyto
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Today I am getting same thing trying to re-add a speaker.

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

Jaydude184
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I have the Soundtouch 10 speakers (2) and I can't get the app to work at all it's not very user friendly. Bose SoundTouch 10 WIreless Music Sytem bundle two pack.trying to get them to work via my iphone 8 256GB and the Soundtouch app. The app takes you in a circle or loop, I followed the directions both speakers had the amber light and I tried to name the first one and the app froze, then I tried again and again same results - big company like bose you'd think you would field a quality software product.  Samsung products function better as I have a friend using one of their systems.

I didn't buy a 2 pack so I could listen to one speaker while the other sits there doing nothing, my son is coming home from overseas and he couldn't get them working a few years ago when we bought them and I had hoped to surprise him while he was on leave. The real surprise is going to be if I can't get it working they'll go on craiglist and I'll buy the Samsumg product instead. 

AndresLJones
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2019

Hi Vicky,
it worked, so I used your advise to check the ip address, on both sound touch and web browser. I found the soundtouch unit showed a different ip than my modem was showing.
I ended up changing the ip on the bose unit and it connected.
First you connect to the bose unit go to setting and manually change the ip.

So don't know why it doesn't do it automatically but there is an issue with the system somewhere
Thanks Andres