SoundTouch app cannot connect speaker
When I try to connect my SoundTouch 30 I eventually run into the error message "Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account. Please try again later".
Here's the complete sequence of events: I had a message about failing to check for updates on my app (both Galaxy S10+ and S6), and the clock was suddenly missing on the device, even though it was turned on in the app. Based on some Bose community entries decided to do a factory reset and that's when the mess started.
After the reset when I try to connect to the speaker through my phone (selecting the "WiFi" option) it does not find the speaker. It just keeps searching, but gives no error message. After 10 minutes complete unresponsiveness I decided to press "Cancel".
Next, I tried through my laptop (Windows 10). When I choose the WiFi-option there it surprisingly asks me to connect through USB (??), which works fine. I get the ST30 to connect to my WiFi (LED becomes white instead of amber), and I'm told to remove the USB. Then, I can continue to add the speaker to my account, and t actually finds the speaker through my WiFi network. This time both on my mobile and on my laptop. I get to enter a name, the "Naming Speaker - Please wait. This could take a minute or two" message pops up, and after a couple of minutes I get the above mentioned error.
So, after succesfully connecting the ST30 to the WiFi I can find it on both devices, and both devices give the same error. However, when I change the name on one device, wait until the error and then try to find the speaker on my other device, it does find it under the new name.
Please note that I changed nothing to my setup. It worked with the same ISP, router, phones, laptop etc., until this error message on failure to look for updates popped up. I also tried resetting the speaker again, disconnecting the router, etc. etc., all the things proposed in other threads. I know the community is full of threads on this exact same error/issue, but none actually lead to a solution. The whole setup is less than half a year old, and I expect this to work.