Highlighted
blackcomb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

SoundTouch app not playing all titles of interpreter from NAS

Hello,

I have connected my Bose SoundTouch 10 to my FRITZ!Box NAS (which is stored on a USB stick) using the Android app as of Jan 15 2019.

I have now noticed that I cannot play all titles of an interpreter from that NAS IF the interpreter name contains space characters. Instead, the NAS is not accesible for about one minute after trying that. For other interpreters, there is no problem. Also, other clients are able to play those titles from the NAS.

Is this a known issue of the app or the speaker software?

Thanks in advance,

blackcomb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundTouch app not playing all titles of interpreter from NAS

Author Accepted Answer selected by blackcomb

Hello blackcomb,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

We recommend very few select NAS drives that are compatible with the SoundTouch app and ecosystem. The FRITZ!Box NAS has been deemed incompatible due to less than desirable results as you have been experiencing.

The NAS drive that works with SoundTouch is WD My Cloud Personal Cloud storage.

I do encourage other community members to share their input on any experience with the FRITZ!Box NAS.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

3 REPLIES 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by blackcomb

Hello blackcomb,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

We recommend very few select NAS drives that are compatible with the SoundTouch app and ecosystem. The FRITZ!Box NAS has been deemed incompatible due to less than desirable results as you have been experiencing.

The NAS drive that works with SoundTouch is WD My Cloud Personal Cloud storage.

I do encourage other community members to share their input on any experience with the FRITZ!Box NAS.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

chc70
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Hi Joel, 

Is the WD My CLoud the only NAS that works properly with the Soundtouch App? I have a Synology DS416 Play. The App plays all the music I put in it, but it never shows up in any logical order in the App. I'd love it in alphibetical order as it is in the NAS, but the app just won't do it. Can you please suggest why this is happening? 

Hello chc70,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

There may be other NAS drives that work with SoundTouch as well; we know that the WD My Cloud series many people have had good experiences with.

As for the way SoundTouch indexes your music library, we have passed this request over to development, and we'll let the community know if anything changes.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support