Highlighted
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

SoundTouch app only sees some of my wifi networks

Hi,

I've been using SoundTouch 10 on my router's 5GHz network for a long time, but last night I installed a new router, and am trying to setup the speakers again via the Android app (version 20.0.3) but the app doesn't see my new router's 5GHz network.

I have two routers in the home, and both have 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. My phone sees all four networks, but as luck would have it, the one I want to setup the speakers on is the one that isn't visible when I get to the part of the setup in the app where you have to select your wifi network Smiley Sad

So I guess I need to reconfigure some setting in my new router's 5GHz section? Currently it's set to defaults which are:
WPA2-PSK (Alternatives are WPA-PSK and Mixed WPA2/WPA-PSK)
WPA Group Rekey Interval = 0
WPA/WAPI Encryption: AES (alternative is TKIP+AES)

Channel: Auto (current 100)
and there's a whole more heap of settings but I haven't changed any of them from standard.

Same settings as above apply to the 2.4GHz network (except the channel is 6) and it sees that network just fine, so ... any ideas pls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Re: SoundTouch app only sees some of my wifi networks

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sonic_the_racoon

OK thankfully this one wasn't too difficult to solve! Thanks to a few suggestions from Bose Australia's tech support of various router settings to try, it turned out that this was because the SoundTouch speakers weren't receiving on the router's default 5GHz wi-fi channel, which was channel 100. The router's other channel option apart from "Auto" was "36/80" and when I switched to that, the router started transmitting on channel 36 instead and presto, problem solved Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Sonic_The_Racoon !

Thanks for reaching out to us! It seems like you've been thorough in your research for the settings for this!

In this situation, can I suggest that you try the alternate setup for this product? This might allow you to discover the 5GHz network this way.

The steps for alternate setup can be found from the following link:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/connecting-to-a-wi-fi-network-alt-setup-st10-20iii-30iii....

If you're still having difficulties pairing this to the 5GHz network, can you try the same steps on another device?

If you've done this and are still having issues, I would recommend reaching out to your local support by following the below link, selecting your country/region and scrolling to "Contact Us", as they would be able to better advise based on your specific Wi-Fi router!

https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

I hope this helps!

Liam W

Community Support

Highlighted
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Thanks @Liam_W 

OK I gave those a try but still no luck so I've now sent a message as you suggested through the Australian contact form. Hopefully they will be familiar with my router (a Sagemcom Gateway F@ST3864V3AC) as it's a very common router here, being supplied by one of the country's biggest ISPs.

Once I have found the solution I'll post it here.

Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sonic_the_racoon

OK thankfully this one wasn't too difficult to solve! Thanks to a few suggestions from Bose Australia's tech support of various router settings to try, it turned out that this was because the SoundTouch speakers weren't receiving on the router's default 5GHz wi-fi channel, which was channel 100. The router's other channel option apart from "Auto" was "36/80" and when I switched to that, the router started transmitting on channel 36 instead and presto, problem solved Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Sonic_the_racoon,

That's great to hear! Thank you for the update too - this may be of use to many other people.

Best regards, and enjoy your speakers,

Patrick A - Community Support