Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2017

SoundTouch app says it is still "updating" 36 hours after the last update was applied

Yesterday morning, I followed the prompt to update the SoundTouch app on my desktop. A dialog stated that the update would take about 20 minutes.

It is now 36 hours later, and the SoundTouch app claims that it is still updating. (A dialog in the center of the screen says "Updating." It is accompanied by a small animated image of vertical bars moving up and down.) There is also a gray strip at the bottom of the screen that says "Speaker updating." When I click the gray strip, the screen changes and I get a dialog that says "Done! Speaker will restart now." However -- on the same screen, on the top half -- there is also a dialog that says "Speaker updating." There are no buttons or controls on this screen that let me click them, except for the preset button, at the top right, and a downward arrow, at the top left. When I click *either* of these, I get the first screen again, the one that says "Updating" in the center and shows the small animated vertical bars. On this screen, there are no buttons that respond to my clicks, except for the grey strip, which I have already described.

I have closed/re-opened the app and also restarted the laptop, but neither action resolved the problem.

The radio also has a dialog. It says "Select preset or explore music on SoundTouch app." However, the app will not let me do either of those things, except as I described above. (To recap -- there is one screen that lets me click the preset button, and the radio registers no response when I do that. I have tried many times.)

As an aside, the app on my iPhone is behaving exactly the same as the desktop app. So there is no place I can go to follow the instructions displayed on the radio, which now will not play even regular radio stations or respond to the remote.

Can anyone advise me on how to proceed? I tried emailing support and got no answer. I also tried calling customer support, but apparently they are on East Coast time and not available now.

thanks,

Sasha

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2017

Re: SoundTouch app says it is still "updating" 36 hours after the last update was applied

I forgot to mention that I am also able to click the Settings menu, but I haven't been able to find anything there that helps. I tried choosing "Speaker Settings," removing the speaker, and using the "Add or Reconnect Speaker" menu to add it back, but it had no effect.

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: SoundTouch app says it is still "updating" 36 hours after the last update was applied

Obviously, your app and/or Soundtouch system are not still updating.  Something is hung up somewhere or a file is corrupted or something such as that.  I hope Bose will give you some good advice soon.  I'm reluctant to make recommendations as anything I say could make it worse, but...if it was me, I would disconnect everything related to Bose and delete every Bose app from every internet device and then try to start over.  Reconnect, reinstall, etc. etc.  If your device has become corrupted, it is possible you might need to take it in for warranty repair, IDK.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for the post.  

Can we uninstall and re-install the SoundTouch app from your devices?  What do you have the app installed on?  Computer?  Smartphone?

What SoundTouch system do you have?  We can try to force an update on it, but it is a different process depending on the device you have.

Best Regards,

Brandon