Beachview
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Re: SoundTouch iPhone app doesn’t find all speakers while iPad and Mac app does

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SOLVED-Keeping-SoundTouch-Speakers-connected-to-PC...

I didn't read absolutely everything you've tried but I didn't see that you'd reserved the ST's IP addresses... It may be a longshot but it's super easy and it's eliminated randomness like you've described for over two consistent months for me now.  I'm a PC/Android guy, don't know Apple, but my PC app was behaving like your phone problem.

Fingers crossed, ST's are fantastic when they behave.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Hammas,

I've sent a request to your e-mail to have you upload those log files for me.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hammas
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

Logs have now been uploaded. 

I added a text file with comments on under what circumstances the logs has been aqcuired. 

MarcV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

I've seen similar issues on my android phone. Speakers could not be found while both my android tablet and PC app found the speakers just fine.

I believe it has to do with the fact that the phone has internet via both wifi and 4G. If I turn off mobile data on my phone but leave wifi turned on it works just fine!

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Hammas,

Thanks for uploading.  

I will let you know as soon as I hear from development.

Best,

Brandon

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I think MarcV has found the obvious problem.  Turn-off your cellular connection and it should find all of your connected WIFI devices.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Hammas,

The dev team is asking for you to collect system log files from the SoundTouch systems.  Instructions are included in the post.

A few more questions from them as well:

1. Were you able to connect your iMac via ethernet and test instead of Wi-Fi?
  2. As well, did you use ethernet with both routers?

Thanks,

Brandon

--

Put the system in Wi-Fi setup mode:

• For SoundTouch systems with physical presets buttons (Portable/10/20/30), press and hold Preset 2 and Volume - for approximately 5 seconds for Setup Mode.
  • For SoundTouch systems with the adapter (SoundTouch Wireless Link/Wave SoundTouch/Stereo JC/CineMate or Lifestyle systems w/adapter), press and hold the Control button for 3 seconds.  To confirm the system is in setup mode the WiFi LED will be solid amber. 
  • On a computer or mobile device, open Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi Network. 
  • Open the device's internet browser and go to the following URL(s) to retrieve log info:

For systems with Bluetooth support

• http://192.0.2.1/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)

For systems without Bluetooth support

• http://192.168.1.1:82/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)
  • Once logs have been retrieved, turn the system off to exit setup mode

Hammas
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

Hi!

1. I have a Macbook Pro without Ethernet connection so can't verify this. 

2. Don't know what you refer to? The speaker or the computer? The ST 20 speaker has been connected over ethernet to one of the AC86U nodes but to get all speakers to be as simmilar as possible I have changed it to Wifi. 

Currently neither my mac or my iPhone finds the speakers. I've been away from home for a few days. 

Just for your information the logging tool on my Mac can see all speakers but only shows their IP-address, no name, the ST App on my Mac doesn't find any of the speakers. 

I have reverted to using the AC5300 as my main router and the three AC86U as nodes.

Will try to gather the logs and upload them to the folder you shared earlier.

Hammas
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

And a comment to the suggestion to turn off LTE/Mobile Data: It didn't make any difference.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Hammas,

That answers my questions perfectly, thank you.

I've added your log files to the ticket.

Best,

Brandon