Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nivlac123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

SoundTouch indicator turns orange when pandora selected

I have two Soundtouch 10s set up as a stereo pair and a Soundtouch Wireless Link

Pandora used to work fine until the latest update for Airplay on the Soundtouch 10  

> Now when I select Pandora on the Soundtouch 10 using the shortcut, Android App, or Windows App, it doesn't play

> The SoundTouch indicator turns orange.

> The Soundtouch app shows the five oscillating vertical bars 

> I am on Soundtouch 10 in the USA.

> I am using the free Pandora service which has worked fine for years

Steps I have taken:

> Installed all the latest updates on all devices

> Power cycled the speakers

> Rebooted all my routers/switches

> Uninstalled Pandora from the S.T. system and re-installed

> Pandora works great on Android, Windows 10, and iPad

> The Soundtouch Wireless Link works fine

> If I have Pandora running on the Sound Link, I can add the stereo pair

> I can play Pandora using Bluetooth but that is not as convenient as just pushing the shortcut button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch indicator continually blinks white when pandora selected, Pandora doesn't play

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nivlac123

Hi Nivlac123,

Thank you for the extra information you have provided! 

I do have a couple of follow up questions from this, just to get a little more information about how your system is setup.

You mentioned rebooting "all my routers" how many routers are you using in your network? 

Are they all routers or are some range extenders?

Do you have your Wireless Link Adapter and SoundTouch 10s both connected to the same router? If not, can you try connecting them to the same router and see if you still have this issue?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Nivlac123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Re: SoundTouch indicator turns orange when pandora selected

More information: I can play iTunes, Amazon Music, and my NAS on all devices with no issues.

Jessie_O

Hi Nivlac123, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Pandora playback, I'll be more than happy to help!

You should still be able to use your Pandora account. Do you get any error messages when you try to play through the app?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Nivlac123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

I don't get any error messages.  I just get the five moving vertical bars that indicate that a channel is loading.  The fourth link light on the Soundtouch (Soundtouch link?) turns orange immediately.  Like I said. Pandora works on The Soundtouch Wireless Link fine.  I believe it is the last update that provides Airplay 2 is the problem since that update only applied to the Soundtouch 10 speakers and not the Soundtouch Wireless Link.

Thank you for your response.  Please help me be a hero for my wife by making the speakers work the way they were before;)

I couldn't find any way to revert to an earlier version of the firmware but that would prove the issue.  Another option would be if the update got corrupted and could be re-installed.

Thanks again...

Vicky_W

Just to confirm Nivlac123, if the speakers are not grouped and you are only using the link adapter Pandora works? 

The SoundTouch 10's are the speakers that are unable to play Pandora at the moment? 

Just want to confirm so we can pinpoint the troubleshooting!

Nivlac123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

> The ST 10s are a stereo pair.

> If I start Pandora on the link adapter, I can than select "Play All" and the ST10s join and play Pandora.

> I can NOT start Pandora on the ST10s.  

> Just to re-enforce my suspicions about the Airplay 2 update... I WAS able to play Pandora on the ST10s without using the link adapter.

Looking forward to a solution.  

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey @Nivlac123,

I want to touch base to make sure we have the correct information - you state " If I have Pandora running on the Sound Link, I can add the stereo pair", which leads me to understand that you are stating when initiating Pandora to play on the adapter, then later adding the SoundTouch 10 stereo pair, the music would then work? Is this correct? You later state "Just to re-enforce my suspicions about the Airplay 2 update... I WAS able to play Pandora on the ST10s without using the link adapter", which has confused me slightly! Hoping that we can help get it back up and running as intended.

If you remove the stereo pairing for both SoundTouch 10 speakers and initiate Pandora to a singular speaker using the preset button, is it able to successfully play? 

Has anything else changed recently within your home's Wi-Fi network - settings or hardware wise? You note having switches in the home - can you tell us a little more about the connected hardware in the environment? This may be a networking issue, especially with using multiple devices simultaneously if there are additional components in the equation like switches. 

In the meantime, there is no harm in re-running the firmware update to the SoundTouch 10 speakers. To do this, press and hold the "4" and "Volume -" buttons simultaneously on the top of the speakers, until the Wi-Fi LED begins to flash white.

Nivlac123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Okay...

If I select the Soundlink adapter in the app first, I can select and play Pandora music.  After Pandora is playing, I can select "playall" and the ST 10s will join in.

If I select the ST 10s in the app first, when I select Pandora, it just shows "Loading" and does nothing else.  The WIFI light is on and the Sound Touch light is flashing white.  I CAN load and play other music sources such as Amazon music.

I have re-installed the firmware on the ST 10s.  I un-installed and re-installed the app on my Android phone.  I separated the ST 10s so they were no longer a stereo pair.  Non of these steps made any difference.

In the past the Sound Touch light flashed yellow, but now it is flashing white - I think that changed after I re-installed the firmware?

Nivlac123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

SoundTouch indicator continually blinks white when pandora selected, Pandora doesn't play

• I have two Soundtouch 10s set up as a stereo pair
  • I also have a Soundtouch Wireless Link
  • I am in the USA.
  • I am using the free Pandora service which has worked fine for years
  • I also use TuneIn Radio with no issues
  • I also use Amazon prime with no issues

The Problem: 

When I select Pandora on the Soundtouch 10

• using a preset on the speaker or remote 
  • using the Android App, iPad app, or Windows App: 
  1. It never plays
  2. The Soundtouch Indicator blinks white continuously
    • While the Soundtouch Indicator is blinking, the Power button has no effect
    • The only way to regain control is to select a non-Pandora channel
    • Unplug the speakers
  3. When using the Soundtouch app, it shows "Loading" continuously

Pandora used to work fine until the latest update for Airplay 2 on the Soundtouch 10's

Steps I have taken:

1.  Installed all the latest updates on all apps as required by BOSE
  2. Re-installed the Soundtounch 10's firmware
  3. Power cycled the speakers
  4. Rebooted all my routers
  5. Uninstalled Pandora from the S.oundtouch 10 speakers and re-installed
  6. Separated the ST 10s so they were no longer a stereo pair

None of these steps helped with my problem

Additional notes:

1. Pandora works great on Android, Windows 10, and iPad
  2. The Soundtouch Wireless Link works fine for Pandora
    • NOTE: There was no Airplay 2 update for the Wireless Liink that I know of
  3. If I have Pandora running on the Soundtouch Wireless Link, I can select "PlayAll" and the ST 10 stereo pair joins and plays
  4. No changes have been made to the network architecture

Thank you in advance for a solution.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch indicator continually blinks white when pandora selected, Pandora doesn't play

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nivlac123

Hi Nivlac123,

Thank you for the extra information you have provided! 

I do have a couple of follow up questions from this, just to get a little more information about how your system is setup.

You mentioned rebooting "all my routers" how many routers are you using in your network? 

Are they all routers or are some range extenders?

Do you have your Wireless Link Adapter and SoundTouch 10s both connected to the same router? If not, can you try connecting them to the same router and see if you still have this issue?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

View solution in original post