wvynck
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2014

SoundTouch local radio stations

Hi
I use my SoundTouch for about a year now. The first thing why i chose for the Soundtouch was because i needed a system to listing to my local radio stations. For me it's importend to listing to JoeFM in Belgium. Without this station i should not buy this system.
After a year my radio station is still giving problems to stream to the SoundTouch. Every week its searching for it. If this is not working i start the JoeFM application on my iPhone / iPad and stream it to the SoundTouch bud that isn't why i buy this unit. After some thime it also loose connection to the unit and my iPhone / iPad go's in pauze ...
I have several wifi and ethernet possibility's at home, so it isn't my network.(i'm a experiance network user)
After a year i'm thinking of buying a Sonos for the holliday's. Maybe thats works fine .. who knows. Sorry Bose, i'm not happy about this. With the latest updates its even worse. I have contacted my country Bose support and they say there is a problem with JoeFM ...
3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Re: SoundTouch local radio stations

Hello William,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing that issue. Let's try to get to the bottom of that. I have a couple of questions to try to isolate the issue you are experiencing:

1. When you say the system is searching for it, are you seeing a spinning loading wheel within the Bose application? If so, how long does this last for before the station starts to work?
  2. How are you accessing the Internet Radio station? Are you pressing a preset button or are you using the SoundTouch Application?
  3. When the station goes out, are you able to play any other internet radio stations within the SoundTouch application?
  4. Are you experiencing any other networking bandwidth or buffering issues in the network? You mentioned that you have several Wi-Fi and Ethernet possibilities. Have you tried connecting this device to a different router and attempting to stream the service?
  5. When this issue occurs, have you tried going to www.vTuner.com and seeing if the issue occurs there as well? We use their internet radio service to bring in those internet radio stations to the SoundTouch application.

Let me know the answers to those questions and we can move forward from there. Thank you.

wvynck
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2014

1. i see a spinning wheel .. if the station works it takes about 2 sec. before it starts playing .. if no connection it stops in about 1 min.
2. i'm accesing it with the application and with preset button
3. when my station isn't working al other stations works
4. all network is working fine, no buffering issues, if i use the radio station app on my iPhone / iPad and stream it (airplay) to the Bose it works fine.
5. the station is not playing at vTuner
regards
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

William,

If the problem is station specific within the internet radio source then we can agree that this is not an issue with your network bandwidth or other local concerns. 
We stream our internet radio entirely through vTuner. If the station is having issues being played on their website it means that the problem is occurring before the station ever reaches your SoundTouch system. This could be a problem with the station itself, or with vTuner's indexing of it.  We will bring this issue to their attention and provide more info if and when it is available. 
Thank you.