cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlbromley
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 10, 2016

SoundTouch system unstable, won't hold stereo pair or wifi channel. How to do a COMPLETE reinstall?

SoundTouch 10 on Windows

USA

Interface 26.0.1

Protocol 66

App version 26.0.0;

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

USB Wifi pairing gets lost frequently; on reset, hve to try multiple times.  Will work on bluetooth or single speaker but stereo pair fails frequently, pauses, skips, switches.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Living room. Same place I've been using these speakers w/ only occasional interruptions/ update issues for 8 years.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

1 month ago. Was perfect beforehand.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Have uninstalled app and reinstalled speakers.  I would like to conduct a TOTAL reinstall, as each time I run an uninstall/reinstall the system recognizes the same speakers and music libriaries (Amazon and WMP)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: SoundTouch system unstable, won't hold stereo pair or wifi channel. How to do a COMPLETE rein...

Author Accepted Answer selected by mlbromley

Hello mlbromley, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community today! Sorry to read that you are experiencing a pairing issue with your SoundTouch 10. 

You can perform a factory reset on the system by following the steps listed here

Please do update us on the result of this step. If you need assistance with setting the speaker back up, you can see how to do so here.

We look forward to hearing back from you!  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: SoundTouch system unstable, won't hold stereo pair or wifi channel. How to do a COMPLETE rein...

Author Accepted Answer selected by mlbromley

Hello mlbromley, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community today! Sorry to read that you are experiencing a pairing issue with your SoundTouch 10. 

You can perform a factory reset on the system by following the steps listed here

Please do update us on the result of this step. If you need assistance with setting the speaker back up, you can see how to do so here.

We look forward to hearing back from you!  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

mlbromley
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 10, 2016

The factory reset seems to have done the trick!  

I also uninstalled the Soundtouch app from windows, so I was surprised that when I reinstalled it my music services and library were already loaded. 

Nevertheless, on re-adding the speakers, then pairing them as stereo, they're back to normal, beautiful sound!! 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating me on this mlbromley! 

It's great to hear that this reset has resolved this for you. If there is anything else we can assist you with please do let us know 😊