MikeJH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2017

SoundTouch update....and then silence

App and speaker updated this morning. 16th July and now it will not switch on and cannot be found by the app.  I have unplugged it for the 30 second reset but nothing happens.....any advice anyone?

34 REPLIES 34
lovemybose38
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

Re: SoundTouch update....and then silence

Have a similar issue with my Bose Music System III Wave Radio.  Was hooked up via Wifi and working fine.  After update, I can no longer see or reset the base.  I have another exact same Music system.  Hooked it up on there and same situation.  The base seems to have bricked by the software update.  Strangely, the other unit updated with no issues.

Is there any way to reset the base?  I have tried all the normal reset options listed online and they do not work.  Factory default - doesn't work.  USB plugged into the base does not see the speaker.  I wired it on the network and it still cannot detect the speaker.  Am I out a $600 radio because of a bad software update?

Angryofm
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Bad software updates are Bose's speciallity - they *never* bring out an update that doesn't break something or other. Then we all have to wait in frustration until the next update comes out with a fix for the previous update but the latest update usually breaks something else...

It's an ongoing problem due to very poor development teams at Bose.

I am hoping that Apple or Sonos will buy them out and use their expertise to fix things up -it's our only hope...

Chefinspecteur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Updated the App last Saturday, that led obvisously to software updates of my Soundtouch10, Wave Music System IV and the Sound Touch Wireless Link Adapter. Now I have huge issues on all 3 devices with streaming music through the app. It is losing connection all the time or not even able to load one of the 6 prefix internet radio stations. BOSE THIS IS HUGE FAIL. GET A SOLUTION IMMEDIATELY!!!

Palosrob
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Same here. My Soundtouch 30 went through the update on 7/16/17, now when I choose a preset, the circle icon keeps spinning and eventually the displays tells me to select a preset. Not what I expect for $499.

PaulHarrison1874
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Same for me.  First of all I had to reset my sister's system at her house.  All speakers had disappeared and, combined with an update for both speakers I spend an hour sorting it out, entering wifi passwords several times. This morning thesame at my house.  Update for my SA5, then other speakers lost, reset, couldn't get any signal.  Another hour, with multiple password   inputs, find all three speakers again and connect manually.  Last year I decided to to pufate my sound system throughout the house and chose,in the end, the BOSE route for a number of reasons but now think I should have perhaps taken a different option, maybe the SONOS system.  Losing a bit of faith in Bose, I will say. 

Palosrob
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Jason_G: are you reading these comments?

lovemybose38
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

Can I get a reply on this?  Seems like many folks have bricked or non-working wifi access after the last Bose update.  Any options?

Angryofm
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Silence from Bose help as well as silence from the SoundTouch....

keef82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Yeah i agree. I have a ST10, ST20, ST30, LS535iii & SA-4.

Biggest regret of my life. the eco system is super clunky, the app is terrible at its best. and the support blows.

My uncle recently asked me if he should buy Bose and i said nope, he has sonos, and it just works.

Ive had to replace wireless access points, cable ethernet into Bose adaptors, and to top it off it never "just works", i dread firmware updates too.

i really really wish Bose would come and see their gear installed in an actual home, and see the REAL frustrations constantly voiced by this community.

\