SoundTouch10 speaker configuration doesn't open

Quiet Contributor

SoundTouch10 speaker configuration doesn't open

This is my very first Bose and what a disappointment!! It appears the company has invested in the hardware bu forgot to  follow the evolution of the softwares. I first tried setting up through my smart phone and had several difficulties. It just wouldn't connect to y home WiFi. Then I tried downloading the Windows software. "Updating software" on and on... I then went to the website troubleshooting which instructed to use the SoundTouchC file. This helped to go through the WiFi process but then I wanted to configure the speaker by opening the "Speaker Configuration". There is no way it ever opens.

I am now being able to use the speakers but none of the settings of the softwares (both the phne app and the Windows app). Speaker Config and Music Services simply will not start and the software keeps "thinking" and nothing happens.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: SoundTouch10 speaker configuration doesn't open

Hi PRossi, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundTouch 10 speaker. 

I would be more than happy to assist you.

I would recommend removing the app from your device and then reinstalling it to eliminate any issues with the application. 

Please come back to us if the issue has not been resolved. 

Have a great day! 

Jessie O - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Reinstalling an app is an obvious step to try. But I am having this problem on both my laptop and on my cell phone. I tried it anyway but it didn't work.

Highlighted

Hi PRossi,

So I understand you can't access 'Speaker Configuration'. Are you able to access any other menu's? If you can access the 'About' menu this will be helpful so we can see the software version. When you say Speaker Configuration menu, would you be able to provide a screenshot to show us what this menu looks like as we don't have one labelled as 'Speaker Configuration'?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Capturar.JPG

It is not just that I can't access the config menu; it keeps trying to find the speaker. I connect it vua USB and it finds it, asks me to provide my wifi connection data and when everything seems fine it asks me to disconnect the USB cable and.....again back to zero. "Can't find your speaker...

Quiet Contributor

Error.JPG

Unable to connect

Something happened and it was not possible to add your speaker to your Sound Touch account. Try again later.

Quit config

Quiet Contributor

connected.JPGConnected! But no... Smiley Sad once you remove the USB cable, it cant find the speaker. the wifi option button is never available, only the bluetooth.

That's really helpful. What this error is showing us is that your phone is unable to reach the Soundtouch server. So you are able to get the speaker connected to your WiFi network, however your network has limitations which mean that it cannot access our servers.

I would highly suggest you contact your local Bose support line and get through the the Soundtouch department. We have amazing technicians which should be able to work with you to get this issue resolved. From the looks of it, its something to do with your network and this issue can be resolved. We will need to speak via phone as this can be a very back and forth situation and it will make the process a lot faster.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

Quiet Contributor

speaker config.JPGThis is the configuration page.

Account

Add or reconnect a speaker

Speaker configuration

Music services

Transmit URL of a personalized station

Help

The Speaker configuration doesn't open

Are you able to play from the speaker? Is everything working except the ability to access the Speaker Configuration page?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C