Mzee3pots
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

SoundTouch20 error 1029 after setup

ST20 is not connecting to internet radio - presets not working.  "Select a prest or ....." in display.

I have tried SETUP several times.  No explanation but App won't connect to spekers/speaker won't connect to internet althought WiFi symbol is showing.

Any remedy?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Frank1958
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: SoundTouch20 error 1029 after setup

I have the same problem. Tried reset, remove the app, reinstall etc. Nothing helps

Highlighted
Petra Eva
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I'll join in... I am having the very same problem - I wanted to extract a logfile, but couldn't because when I log into the Bose network connection, it shows that it is connected to my home wifi network, but without internet access, although I am connected just perfectly ! This came up all of a sudden - I have had this speaker for almost one year without any problems - yesterday morning everything was fine. Turned off my equipment. When I got home and turned everything on again, the problem appeared. I already did the following:

1. Router reboot

2 Deinstallation and reinstallation of the app

3 Registry clean up

Any solutions ? 

Highlighted
Osullik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Same issue
I’ve noticed however that I can get to the tunein radio service through the app but not internet radio - that comes up with the error message
Highlighted
Petra Eva
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hey guys - I have the solution ... Internet Radio has been replaced by TuneIn. TuneIn will now appear in the app and you have to reprogram your preset buttons

What you do is, you log into your app and TuneIn will appear. Search stations and reset your preset buttons, by finding the station of your choice in the app then push and hold the preset button you want to program for a couple of seconds until it "beeps". Continue on untill all 6 are programmed. Hope this helped. I am so annoyed !!! Horrible quality and alot of research to find out that TuneIn replaced internet radio ! 

Highlighted
AGlover
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you so m uch for suppling the answer. Its a pity we had to figure it out for ourselves rather than Bose tell us about it when upgrading the firmware. Software is pretty rubbish. Thanks again.

Highlighted
Petra Eva
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Glad I could be of help 🙂 

Have a great day and happy reprogramming. Actually, the quality of most stations is pretty good 🙂

Highlighted
Frank1958
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Just got an update of the app. Internetradio has been removed from the menu. Yes it is tune in now but presets are automatically assigned to the correct radio.

Highlighted
ogborys@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

So I noticed that too, except TuneIn does not have the station I want to play and very little variety to offer!  I had to Blutooth the station from my phone yesterday.  It all started when one of my stereo pair speakers got accidently unplugged while vacuuming.  Everything went dead and neither speaker would power on.  After resetting both speakers, reconnecting to the network, the speakers both updated and that's when all heck broke loose.  No more Internet Radio.  Everything is working again, but I'm getting the dreaded 1029 error now.  And yes, I did reboot my router,  reset both speakers, wiped out the presets, logged out and in to my account mutiple times on multiple devices.  

I am angry that we can't access other stations than the junk offered on TuneIn.  The station I listened to daily is not offered on any of Bose approved services, but I was able to get it from the Internet Radio selection.  Nevermore, and I'm not a happy customer.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts and feedback.

Can you let me know what stations you're experiencing poor audio quality on TuneIn so we can investigate this for you?

If there is a station that is not available on TuneIn, let us know HERE.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support