Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

Soundbar 300 Bluetooth Issues

Anyone else having issues when streaming via Bluetooth. I stream iTunes music from my new MacBook that sits about 15 feet away at most and my iPhone 7 plus and the audio keeps dropping out. It's driving me nuts. I've tried deleting it and repairing it several times. Same issue. It does play but will drop in and out atleast twice on every song. I'm running the latest software.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundbar 300 Bluetooth Issues

Hi JJRAG, 

Can you try to unplug the soundbar for 30 seconds and re-test to see if that helps? If not, there may be some interference on 2.4 GHz that could be causing these drop outs. Can you try to temporarily unplug nearby electronics that communicate on the 2.4 frequency to see if we can isolate what could be causing these drop outs? These devices could be cordless phones, baby monitors, an Amazon Echo, or any smart devices (TV or DVD player using Wi-Fi). Even moving nearby electronics a few feet could help to alleviate this. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

I have similar issues when I stream YouTube videos via Bluetooth. Furthermore the vid and sound are getting unsynchronized after a while and sometimes the St300 stops playing completely for a second.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I've done all of the above. It's the bluetooth in the soundbar. The soundtouch app works great but the bluetooth I believe needs a software patch or perhaps some looking into. I have no problems with any # of other bluetooth devices. I only use it for Apple Music, so it would be nice if you can add the #1 streaming service to soundtouch. The Bluetooth is soooo bad that i deem it unusable. It cuts out alteast 3-4 times per song which is totally unaceptable. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi JJRAG, 

Has your soundbar always had this issue or is this a new issue after the latest update? Can you gather system and application logs following the procedure outlined HERE and put them in the folder HERE? I would like to escalate this on my end. 

Hi Chris82, 

You may experience a delay due to our digital signal processing when listening to Bluetooth audio but cutouts are not normal. Does this happen with other apps other than YouTube? Can you try the steps I mentioned to JJRAG in the above post?

Thank you 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I believe the software update that came out a few days again may have actually resolved it. It seems to be ok now. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

That is great to hear! Keep us posted if the issue returns. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

It has returned. The weird thing is if I sit at my laptop it woeks fine. As soon as I walk away it starts. Same with my phone, as long as I hold my phone it's fine, once I put it down it starts. It's like it's using me as an antenna. Both units are littery 10-15 feet away.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi JJRAG, 

Oh no. That is not good news. Let's see if we can figure out the crux of the issue. I know you mentioned that you typically use this for Apple Music. Can you try to play music that is physically stored on your phone or computer and see if the issue persists? If it does, then we can confirm that the audio drop outs are occurring in between the source device (phone or computer) and your ST300 (vs. the phone and the router for example). My gut tells me you still may experience the issue but with something as persistent as this I want to make sure we double check. The second thing I'd like to try is to connect your ST300 to your router's 5 GHz band if it has one available. The ST300 uses the same antenna for Bluetooth and connection to a router's 2.4 GHz band so connecting to a different frequency may help. Do you know if your router has the ability to broadcast on this frequency? What is the make and model of your router? Are you located in the US? We have an article HERE on how to reconnect a system to a new network using our app. Please let me know if your router isn't dual band and can't broadcast a 5 GHz network. If these don't work, there's only two things left that could cause this. It's either an issue with your system itself, like you mentioned. Or some outside interference on the 2.4 GHz frequency and we have steps we can take to really figure out which is causing this. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

I have the same problem streaming from my "galaxay active 7" using Amazon music app.  I read about this problem on amazon before I purchased my sound bar 300 and base, I thought this would be resolved with an update.  From the answers I've read above it seems OP is getting the run around.  I have a bose sound link that I have used in the same room and same set up with no problems.  This is disappointing because I finally bought what I thought was a premium sound set up for my self and it basically is..... other than this persistent bluetooth problem.