Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCr
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Soundbar 300, turns off tv when I turn off Soundbar

We had a power blackout for 6 hours.  Up until then, I had set up the Soundbar 300 without the Soundbar remote controlling the TV or the DVD.  This way, I could turn the TV on without the Soundbar.  Also, if I had the TV on and later wanted to turn the Soundbar off, the TV would stay on.

But since the power blackout, if I turn the TV on, the Soundbar comes on.  When I turn the Soundbar off, the TV turns off.

I really don’t want this.  I just want to have what I had before.

I can find out how to pair the Soundbar remote so it can perform the functions of the TV remote but nothing on how to UNPAIR the remote.  I have tried the factory reset process and gone through the whole reinstallation process which now seems to involve the wretched SoundTouch app, but to no avail.  I am seriously ticked off as I don’t want to HAVE to use the Soundbar all the time, nor do I want to be forced into using the Soundbar 300 remote.  I have tried calling the Bose Technical help number and was told I need to remove the HDMI cord if I don’t want to have the Soundbar on.  How can I have what I had before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Soundbar 300, turns off tv when I turn off Soundbar

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

This is because CEC is turned on, probably in your TV's settings.  CEC allows one device to control other devices.  You need to go into your TV's setting and turn it off.  If it's not on, then go into the Soundtouch app and turn off the Bose CEC there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

This is because CEC is turned on, probably in your TV's settings.  CEC allows one device to control other devices.  You need to go into your TV's setting and turn it off.  If it's not on, then go into the Soundtouch app and turn off the Bose CEC there.

View solution in original post

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello SCR,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 300. I would be more than happy to help you today, @Xyz987 is correct you should be able to disable the CEC connection meaning that the remote will no longer control undesired devices. It should just be in your TV settings, however, most different TV brands call CEC different names so you would need to research your tv brand to find the name e.g Samsung call theirs AnyNet+

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support