Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Soundbar 500 makes modems wifi drop out

hey

when i connect my soundbar and start to play music via bluetooth and connected through wifi after about 10-15mins it makes my wifi unuable for any device for a min or two. ive spoken to my isp tech help many times and even had a new modem sent out but still have the same issue.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 500 makes modems wifi drop out

Hi Meerkat,

Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've been experiencing, that is highly unusual. I have several questions as more information would be appreciated:

- Have you connected the Soundbar 500 to your Wi-Fi network using the Bose Music application?

- How are you connecting to the Soundbar 500 via Bluetooth and initiating playback?

- How are you changing to a Wi-Fi input on the Soundbar 500?

- Does audio continue playing via Wi-Fi to the Soundbar 500 when other devices in your home have disconnected?

The Soundbar 500 does not have any direct control over the network connection in your home, and as such is simply connecting and utilising the network. It sounds like the issue may lie with how your internet router is handling multiple connections and devices simultaneously, or alternatively you may have low or poor bandwidth download speeds in your home.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Andy - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!