Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soundlast
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Soundbar 700 vs SoundTouch 300

Looking to buy new Soundbar 700 with Bass Module and have below questions.

Q1> Can anyone clarify advantage/differences between Soundbar 700 vs Soundtouch 300 in terms of feature and sound? I can see former has Alexa in it and later is $100 less.

Q2> As Soundbar 700 is new and all reviews  (2 so far) complaining about Remote doesn't pair. Is this issue has been addressed? Does this mean Soundbar is not usable at all unless remote pairs?

Request to Bose Support folks to answer in detail.

15 REPLIES 15
DJPete215
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 vs SoundTouch 300

From what i found.. the ST300 has the same drivers as the SB700 the only thing added.. was the alexa they also removed the NFC  

Soundbar 700 remote uses Bluetooth and settings via the new app (also has IR for TV control still) - Soundtouch 300 remote is IR only and program with codes on the remote only..

No NFC support on Soundbar 700, unlike Soundtouch 300

No ethernet support on Soundbar 700

No HDMI input port on Soundbar 700

Adapt IQ is set using the new app and not via the remote on Soundbar 700

Appears to be no dialogue mode on Soundbar 700.

Soundbar 500 is similar to Soundbar 700 but without Surround decoding.

Soundtouch products integrate an an existing Alexa but do not replace it unlike the new Soundbars where it's integrated.

Initial conclusions:

The 2 new soundbars are mid-range products between the Solo 5 and Soundtouch 300.

Co-existance between the new Soundbars is reported as not present - I hope that can be resolved with a software update, otherwise it's for new users only until then.

Direct apple music support is not present yet.

It's likely that the Soundbar 500/700 need improved WIFI support to handle removal of the ethernet so propably a better choice for those having issues with Mesh networks.

The new HDMI support should again help with some TVs that have issues with ARC.

TO me if alexa isnt something you really care about i will stick with the soundtouch 300 

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi soundlast

Thanks for writing in!

Regarding the sound quality between the two systems, they should be almost identical as the drivers are the same between the two systems. 

There is an ethernet port on the Soundbar 700 as well, but there is no HDMI through any longer like the SoundTouch 300.

The big question I think would be, do you have any existing SoundTouch products.  Reason being is the new line of smart speakers will not connect to the SoundTouch line of speakers since it has a different app that integrates with the system.  

The remote pairing issue has been resolved with this thread HERE.  The system does require a remote to be able to switch to the TV input to get TV audio.  

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

TheUndefeatedOfTheEast
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

Is there any update in the future for the soundbar 700 remote to work with the soundtouch 300?  One of the huge issues i had with the soundtouch 300 remote was that it didnt light up, so finding the correct button in the dark was impossible.  If there will be an update, when, and if not, why?

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi TheUndefeatedOfTheEast

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, the new Soundbar 700 remote won't communicate with the SoundTouch 300 as it operates on a Bluetooth signal while the SoundTouch 300 only receives IR commands.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Slingshot
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

I had my SB700 and BM700 now for 3 weeks and i couldn't be happier.  Good thing i waited for it instead of the ST300.  Reason being, the SB700 has the best Alexa enabled device ever, even when you are playing loud music and call out Alexa, it listens even from across the room.  I also have the Sonos One and Echo at home, but the SB700 beats them by a wide margin.  If you love listening to music, then it's worth paying the extra $100 for the covenience of Alexa.  

The other plus is that the Bose Music app is a great tool to have because you can easily adjust any settings at your finger tips.  

Like it or not, we are living in a new age where everything will be smart home enable, so why not spend the extra $100 and get the latest and greatest.  

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Prem1068@yahoo.com

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you're enjoying the new soundbar!  

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

junieb888@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi junieb888@gmail.com,

Thank you for posting.

Did you have a particular question between the two systems that we can assist you with?

Let us know!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Divy
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

Hello Bose Team, 

I have few questions to ask

1. I got Sound bar 300 with sub. What's the best app compatible with 300 I should download on the mobile phone?
  2. I am planning to buy Google home. Is it compatible with Sound bar 300? I have also seen Alexa can slow down volume, increase it or even shutdown TV. If I buy Google home and link it with Bose 300, will it work in the same way or not and if not then what's the best solution?
  3. When I try to update the software, I have plugged in Ethernet cable back of Bose system but it still updates the software wirelessly. I am not sure why. Could you please shed some light on it?

Thanks 

Divy