louisp
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Soundbar Placement- Redundant but Important Question

Had a so called AV expert over to look at our TV and Bose.  The TV and soundbar sit on top of a media stand.  I told him all about the Bose especially the Adaptiq feature.  So after seeing my 130 Soundbar’s placement he said that it should be moved to the front edge of our media stand.  His reasoning was that with the soundbar positioned back the sound bounces off of the flat top thereby lessening projection.  

According to Bose, what is the best position for our 130’s Soundbar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
louisp
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Re: Soundbar Placement- Redundant but Important Question

Author Accepted Answer selected by louisp

Just today a third party indepentent audio professional  confirmed soundbars perform better when placed at the from edge of a media stand.

4 REPLIES 4
moppy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than myself will chime in soon... I am wondering the same thing.

Mine is mounted on the wall below the TV.  Since there are ports on the rear, I suspect wall mount is hurting the soundstage width.  My room is long, side-to-side, but shallow.  It seems there should be better seperation considering that the viewing positions are quite close to the soundbar (300).

Highlighted
louisp
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by louisp

Just today a third party indepentent audio professional  confirmed soundbars perform better when placed at the from edge of a media stand.

Hello all,

Thanks for the great question! We recommend placing the speaker array in front of your TV with speaker grille facing into the room. We don't necessarily have an "exact" placement recommendation for media stands. As for what the AV expert recommended, for most soundbars with front-facing drivers, this could certainly be true. Placing the Cinemate/SoundTouch 130 soundbar at the front of your media stand may help slightly, but may not make too much of a difference. This is because this particular soundbar's drivers are positioned differently, and actually allow the soundbar to be laid flat, or mounted horizontally. The system also uses proprietary Phaseguide technology and ADAPTiQ calibration. For a bit more information on the driver placement, and these technologies, see this VIDEO. Although the video presents the Lifestyle 135 system, the soundbar used is the same. 

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

louisp
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Thank you Brian.