Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Soundbar Soundtouch 300 HDMA ARC not working

I have been using the soundbar with my Sony Bravia TV throught the HDMI ARC connection for 11 months. 

Last week it just stopped working - no sound at all. I have tried connecting to another Sony TV and exactly the same problem. When I try to manually connect to the soundbar through my TV menu it disconnects back to the TV speakers and gives the message that there is a communication problem with the external speaker. I have tried new HDMI cables.

I have investigated the matter on other posts on the bose community site and tried every possible solution and suggested action, but nothing works.

The item is still in warranty. Bose - should I return it?

Please can someone assist?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundbar Soundtouch 300 HDMA ARC not working

Hello SJF76

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be glad to help!

Have you been able to either power reset the speaker or factory reset it?

Steps can be found HERE to default the speaker.

Also, can we see if there is an update for the TV and speaker?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A  - Community Support 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: Soundbar Soundtouch 300 HDMA ARC not working

Logically as you used the same TV and ST300 for months, the question therefore is what has changed?

Soundtouch update 19.0.5 was already out well before this so it cannot be the ST300 so its likely you have a loose cable or more likely that your TV got a recent software update thats changed the behaviour.

Consider checking if you can factory reset your TV and revert it back to the previous software update it used and if yes afterwards, dont allow the TV to find the internet or turn off any form is sutomatic update if may have.

if nothing else works, do as I have and use optical connection from the TV to the ST300 with the supplied cable.

If you use an external box for the TV, players etc, try HDMI switch with the HDMI input on the Bose, but you need to enable that in the Soundtouch app and set which one of the 4 source buttons to use. Video will then pass through and sound will be extracted as long ase source output settings are compatible, 2, 5.1 or 7.1 channel input at 48khz seems to work. Most devices should confirm what the ST300 is ok with but they may default to Stereo so look for that and change where needed.