Highlighted
wpk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Soundbar Soundtouch 300

Can you connect 2 pair of Virtually Invisible 300 speakers to the soundbar. Will the soundbar support this option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
monaro327
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Re: Soundbar Soundtouch 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by wpk

I asked a similar question about 2 subs. no at present the ST 300 will only pair with 1 sub and 1 set of VIs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
monaro327
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by wpk

I asked a similar question about 2 subs. no at present the ST 300 will only pair with 1 sub and 1 set of VIs.

View solution in original post

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi wpk,

@monaro327 is correct.  Only one AM300 bass module and one pair of VI300 rear speakers can be connected to the system at any given time.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Jamie661
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2017

@monaro327. I would be hugely grateful if I could get either my sub or the surround speakers to connect ( let alone two pairs ). Has anyone had any similar issues as below..... update since the original post is that neither device will now connect at all to the soundbar. I would be grateful for any help.

I bought a soundbar, sub and (definitely not) virtually invisible surround speakers today. I have been looking forward to this day for a long time and to say that I am gutted is an understatement. The soundbar works fine. The "wireless" components are a different story. When you turn the soundbar on the surround speakers and sub connect. When connected they sound great. Problem is after anything between 10-40 seconds the connection indicator turns orange and they stop working. The indicator sometimes goes from white to off and then to orange. Sometimes just straight to orange from white. The only way to get them working again is to turn to soundbar off and back on. They reconnect automatically but then promptly disconnect. I couldn't be any more disappointed having spent ( like many of you ) nearly £1500. Has anyone else experienced and or fixed this same issue? The soundbar is connected via an optical cable from the TV, which in turn is connected by hdmi to PS3. TV is set to output 5.1 ( and briefly works fine before the hardware disconnects ) Thanks J
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hi J, 

I am sorry for the intermittent connectivity between your SoundTouch 300 and the Acoustimass 300 and Virtually Invisible 300 speakers. The fact that it is dropping the signal consistently within 40 seconds is usually indicative of the system either experiencing issues with interference or the system needing a reset.

To reset the SoundTouch 300, turn the soundbar off then unplug the power cord. Wait at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot.

If still having issues pairing the VI300 speakers or AM300, reset all expansion accessories. Resetting the AM300 requires the power cord to be unplugged for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord and wait 15 seconds to reconnect with the ST300 soundbar. Reset the VI300 speakers by unplugging the power cord for the receivers for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord and wait 15 seconds for them to reconnect with the soundbar.

If the signal still drops, try going through the pairing process again. 

1. Press the SoundTouch button on the Bose remote control.

2. Press and hold 7 on the Bose remote control until the connectivity indicator (the LED all the way on the right out of the 4 icons) on the soundbar blinks white. Once paired, the bass module or surround speakers emit a tone and the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white.

3. Repeat the process until all the surround speakers and Acoustimass are paired.

If still having issues, check for other wireless devices positioned near the ST300 soundbar, AM300, and VI300 receivers. The most common source of interference in a home entertainment center is a router. If there is a router next to one of your Bose products, try unplugging the router temporarily to see if that resolves the issue. If it does. try moving the router further away from the Bose products. Another potential fix is to change the Wi-Fi channel for your home network.

If you still need help after the above troubleshooting steps, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Frank

marley15
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

Frank......may I ask you to look at my post "Soundtouch 300 Lip Sync"? Can you provide your thoughts to the extent you have information?
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi marley15, 

Thank you for bumping this. We have responded to your post HERE

Thank you 

Sylvain
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

I need to jump in here because I am having huge trouble with connection of an AM300. I basically have to repeat the connection process every time I want to use the system. So although this works every time and am then able to use it with no disconnection I just can't keep spending 5 to 10 minutes fiddling around every time I want to use it. I tried connecting a cable and that once worked but with massive interference when the bar is turned off. And now when I try to use a cable that does not even work. HUGELY disappointed.
Havep
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2017

Hey Brandon, 

Pitching my voice to have the ability to connect an additional pair of VI300 speakers to the system. I already have one pair and the bass module but would appreaciate a more sorround(larger distance between left and right) feeling from the front (not tottally great from the soundbar but that is understandable).

I would be perfectly happy if it stayed as a 5.1 system using the soundbar as one front speaker (althought 7.1 would be a great option but I uderstand that might be stretching it processor wise). If you guys can do this with a system update(understand that it might no be based on how you designed the system) I would be willing to buy those speakers, increasing your sales and would be a happier customer 😉

Petr

Thanks,

Petr

PLind
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

I totally agree with you wrk, I'd love to expand with more satellite speakers for the 300. You think it wouldn't be that hard to do with a little programming and an update. Let's hope it'll happen sometime soon.